Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished down at Ragged Point light and I caught a lot of W. Perch some 11 inches. I also caught about 40 medium sized spot. Anybody catching any Spanish yet on the Potomac or in the area of buoy #7 or #5? I was using bloodworm. Squid caught nothing. I want to flounder fish too in the same area. Anybody caught ant Flounder in the area of the Potomac?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
too early for spanish at ragged point. they did not even make it up that far last year. Caught the first croaker of the year off my pier this weekend. Usually i can't keep croaker off the lines starting in april/may. this is the latest start i can remember. caught a few croaker around ragged point. tons of perch which i kept returning to the water. i hate those things. one small spot.

A guy loading back up at brason cove said he caught a few undersized flounder. not enough salt!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
jlowe,

thats cool... my boat (although she is getting repowered now) is in one of the covered slips. our house is across the street. stop by and say hi anytime.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[Q]X-CALIBER originally wrote:
I fished down at Ragged Point light and I caught a lot of W. Perch some 11 inches. I also caught about 40 medium sized spot. Anybody catching any Spanish yet on the Potomac or in the area of buoy #7 or #5? I was using bloodworm. Squid caught nothing. I want to flounder fish too in the same area. Anybody caught ant Flounder in the area of the Potomac?
[/Q]

An 11 inch white perch is great for that area.....I fish Coles Pt. a few times a year in the summer and the largest perch I've caught is about 6 inches. They are a big pain in the butt. As for flounder, we've hooked a couple down there. Fish the creek mouths within the first few hours of an outgoing tide. I use grubs in green/silver flake but if you can find some minnows, that's even better.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Not that I'm a white perch fan, but even the little ones fillet out good and if you get enough of them, they'll make a nice fish fry. Was working some of my crab pots in Gardner Creek and caught a 10" flounder in one of them. Let him go, maybe he'll bring in his buddies. Any idea when Chris and Ann will open the new place at Branson Cove?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
chris and ann are shooting for the 4th. i don't think they will make it. they have a lot of work yet to do. Ann broke her arm last week. had a beer with them at the tavern sat fri night.

hope you like the redskins. they have painted the inside burgandy with gold on the trim!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts