Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having any luck on the Potomac River.Seems water temps are getting cooler.Hope this cold front gets them moving our way.Have been lucky catching some 22"-24" but looking forward to hooking up a BIG ROCK[grin]

·
Registered
193 Posts
They just had the PRAC tourney and a guy won it with a 32 lber. 44 boats fished only 10 or so wieghed. It's possible to catch the big boys,,,, just have to be in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Big T,
What are you using to catch your fish? I had no luck with umbrellas over the weekend, switched to spoons, and caught only baby's.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Using 2oz bucktails w/4" grub tails 100'-125' back behind the boat fishing 20-30' of water..[smile]

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was also out Sat 11/26 no luck with umbrellas 6/rods on boards all depths and nothing marked tons of fish big all over the channel 60 too 80 ft baits ranged 4 oz too 8 oz parachutes also used every sze spoons and nothing they just weren't biting although I heard on 68 of someone turning back a fat 32 striper wish they would have sent it our direction cause all I caught was a cold.

·
Registered
35 Posts
sorry for the double post so I decided too change it I was in the bay 11/26 across from smith island and we are tageting these big stripers if you have caught any this portion of the bay can you please b mail me some coordinance I m ready too land a sea striper this year last one kicked off the boat last year and back too the sea and was a monster made me a beliver there is big fish out here I did just get a 39 inch 3 weeks ago on the Bay on th eastern shore side of the gas docks off Cove point caught on planer boards white umbrella 6 oz para white w/9 inch shad hooked up single not tandem.If somone can tell me how too upload pics I will send a pic of this one I only wish I had pics of that big one just the head size comparrison you would know that this was a monster we had 2 pair of hands in this things mouth and it still had the whole other side empty a monster sea cow from down under broke the net 2 junk nets now we got a net that fits over a person and this time it gets hooked its going home

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made a run to the Bay today.Alot of birds diving into the water.Trolled around #70 and #68.My son caught several under sized ones and this keeper

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bigt and roach , Myself and partner Tim won that tourney but are also experiencing the same lockjaw. guys that have hooked up and did so with some consistancy did report going to smaller shads. We fished some different places yesterday and also the very spot where we've pulled 2 fish over 30lbs and i slot fish we had what we consider ideal conditions, bait, water temp and big fish. Still nada. Weather and small baits I believe have more to do with lock jaw............Bill Gimbel Dahlgren on the potomac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts