Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing about so many 40+ inch fish I couldn't resist sneaking away for what could be my last trip of 2008. I have been out 4 times since the Fall run started and while we have caught a few none had broken the 40 mark......until today...
Morning started off slow as tide was low and took awhile to run. My Uncle and I trolled for about an hour in front of the gas docks before our first fish which I of course allowed the old salt to take. A beauty at 38"! Caught on 12" white shad w/white parachute off planer board.

After my Uncle telling me "This doesn't suck" fIshing again began to be slow for another hour until another planer board line explodes. I immediately grabbed the rod and it felt like a LOAD! Of course fish hit on the rod I least wanted to catch a big fish on, of course! Took a while to get anywhere near the boat with frequent head shakes and heavy. finally get a look as fish pops to the top and it's about 28"! Except that there's another fish on that I still can't see on the other part of the tandem - a beautiful 45", my personal best! We swung the small fish in first which wound up measuring 27" and then netted the horse. What a thrill! Caught off tip of St Georges Island in 65' water. Chartreuse tandem off planer board.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was in a 25 Sportscraft with green enclosure. You know the guy who looked lost. We ended with one early above the docks. I should have stayed there but my buddy wanted to go south.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was out there yesterday afternoon, trolled from below stewarts to Raggied PT and Back to the Red and white buoy on the Maryland side, marked fish and bait but no takers, i think i will try the Bay next weekend, or maybe try it in the morning on day next week.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
84 Posts
nice catch we ended theday with two 42s a38 an36

:bigfish::rockingreport:
After hearing about so many 40+ inch fish I couldn't resist sneaking away for what could be my last trip of 2008. I have been out 4 times since the Fall run started and while we have caught a few none had broken the 40 mark......until today...
Morning started off slow as tide was low and took awhile to run. My Uncle and I trolled for about an hour in front of the gas docks before our first fish which I of course allowed the old salt to take. A beauty at 38"! Caught on 12" white shad w/white parachute off planer board.

After my Uncle telling me "This doesn't suck" fIshing again began to be slow for another hour until another planer board line explodes. I immediately grabbed the rod and it felt like a LOAD! Of course fish hit on the rod I least wanted to catch a big fish on, of course! Took a while to get anywhere near the boat with frequent head shakes and heavy. finally get a look as fish pops to the top and it's about 28"! Except that there's another fish on that I still can't see on the other part of the tandem - a beautiful 45", my personal best! We swung the small fish in first which wound up measuring 27" and then netted the horse. What a thrill! Caught off tip of St Georges Island in 65' water. Chartreuse tandem off planer board.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hemingway lives.
Ha ha ha! That's what I call him when he gets that hat working! :clapping2:

He and all of his brothers (my Uncles and Father) grew up on Nantucket Island, MA when my Grandfather was the head State Cop there. That's where the family passion for fishing/outdoors comes from!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts