Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry CC guys I just wanted to note how comfortable it is to own a pilothouse this time of year. I have been so appreciative of the layout this past fall. I have been able to fish what would normally be uncomfortable weather very comfortably the last few weeks. I have left the dock on a few trips where it has been below freezing and a bit breezy. With a little propane heater and area out of the wind and spary, it has provided enjoyable days on the water where I have even been comfortable enough to take my 8 year old son. Heck i have had a crew of up to 5 out of the weather comfortably. I just wanted to brag and rub it in to the guys who have to freeze to death to catch a fish this time of year :pp

Here are a few shots of us running when the air temp was in the upper 30's and the water in the low 40's. We were warm and dry making good headway in a steep 2'-3' chop on the bay in a small craft advisory due to high winds
:yes:

Merry Christmas and warm fishing to all :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Be carefull rubbing it in Greg,One day you may need some help and the C.C. Guys will blow right past ya'.;-) She sure is a pretty Boat though!!:yes:

·
Registered
365 Posts
The more I see that style of boat the more I like'em,very nice :thumbup: As far as the comment about the cc guys,I'm gonna let it slide.I would rub it in to.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey Greg ...............just seeing your rig makes me warmer in my cc without curtains:cool: Man its going to be cold this weekend:eek2:.................Mark

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Wait a second Greg...you told me you use Penn GTI 330's for your umbrellas...what are those big lunker reels on the back of your boat? TLD's?? :eek2::D

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
With a open pilot house their are still plenty of leaks so CO2 from a propane heater is not an issue. BUT with a true enclosed pilot house like a parker, I would take caution. just my .2

TED

·
Registered
861 Posts
That's why I get so sleepy on my friend's Parker. Just a good sunny day will heat up a pilothouse. I use the same setup on my Judge. Works great for thawing your hands out after you've set out all the lines.

Mushy
27' Judge Chesapeake
"Getsome"

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Greg, Be real careful with a propane heater on the boat.....especially in an enclosure...Gary
Most of the time I have the center curtain rolled up. With being out of the wind and heater on it is pretty comfortable even with it up. On the coldest days, I have all the curtains down with one of the sides unzipped. The heater I have is one of these: Mr. Heater at Lowe's: 9,000 BTU Portable Propane Buddy Heater

MR. HEATER - America's Most Popular Brand of Portable Heaters

It is designed and approved for emergency indoor use, has automatic low oxygen shutoff system, and accidental tip-over safety shutoff.

All in keeping the whole crew comfy!

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait a second Greg...you told me you use Penn GTI 330's for your umbrellas...what are those big lunker reels on the back of your boat? TLD's?? :eek2::D
I only own 330GTI's for trolling and tow umbrellas with up to 24 oz of weight with them... No worries on citation level bass. (30lb mono too - diamond line).

Those big reels are big Tekotas that Reeltor owns. That was the day we were trying to let my boy reel in a big bass and he is only 8 so the pole remains in the holder while he cranks. We wanted a winch that day on the umbrellas for him in case we landed a big fish

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Pilot houses are for old guys that have gone soft. Real men brave the elements in the true fishing machine known as the CC. If I wanted to be warm and cozy I'd just stay in bed with my girlfriend. :D:D

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts