Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of these two do you like for jigging? Do you prefer red, yellow or green?
All comments appreciated and I'm sure this topic has come up before but I just don't recall comments made.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I like 20 amd 30 lb yellow power pro, but have some rods rigged with red too. Don't think it makes a big difference what color. Don't have any experience with the daiwa line, but have been quite impressed with the power pro since I switched over -- the stuff is super tough and abrasion resistant. Almost never use mono in the Bay any more.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I used 20lb green suffix performance braid for jigging the last 2 years after switching from power pro. Far fewer wind knots and it doesn't fray like pp, it's better for me.

I have switched most of my outfits to yellow 10lb suffix performance braid for this season, we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I used 20lb green suffix performance braid for jigging the last 2 years after switching from power pro. Far fewer wind knots and it doesn't fray like pp, it's better for me.

I have switched most of my outfits to yellow 10lb suffix performance braid for this season, we'll see how it goes.
+1, but I went orange to match my magic Carrot Stick

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
I like green power pro #10...alot of the guys I fish with use yellow but it seems stiffer to me?......I have seen the samurai, very smooth but it's a little pricey isn't it?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
For jigging and throwing artificals I like Samauri and Suffix better than power pro. For butterfly jiggijng and trolling for pelagics all my reels are spooled with power pro because it is so much cheaper.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have only tried yellow power pro on my spinning rods and green on my trolling rods.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like green power pro #10...alot of the guys I fish with use yellow but it seems stiffer to me?......I have seen the samurai, very smooth but it's a little pricey isn't it?
Yes, about 1 1/2 times the cost of power pro, that is why I wondered if anyone thought it was worth the extra $$$.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Yes, about 1 1/2 times the cost of power pro, that is why I wondered if anyone thought it was worth the extra $$$.
For Snook and Tarpon the Samauri is amazing, I also like the new suffix but Sam is my first choice. Power pro still gets wind knots for me but on big game reels it is fine.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Haven't tried Diawa braid on the LTJ setups yet but I really like it for the heavier applications such as tuner jigging and big flattie jigging...ocean that is. I use PP and fireline for LTJ setups.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I went to Walmart today to buy braid. Re-spooling all my light action rods with braid this year. I already have green power pro 20# on two of my better setups. I deceided to buy the cheap Zebco Omniflex braid braid in 15# for my other reels. Anyone try this? $5 cheaper than the power pro. Considering these rods will be used for guests and kids, I don't mind being the guinea pig. Check back with me at the end of the season and I will let you know if I see a difference.

Ken

1 - 15 of 15 Posts