Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting ready to head to the launch ramp this morning and ran into a snag. When I first pressed the trim up button on the controller;;er nothing happened. Released and pressed again and the motor started to rise. Stopped half way up to arrange fuel line and that's as far as I got.

Motor would not go up using the controller or the cowl switch. However, it goes down just fine.

It's a 2005 Merc XR-6 150 HP. Jiggled all the wires near the cowl switch and open, lubed all the connections in the area as well. Trim / tilt fluid is full.

If anyone has ever experienced or heard of a trim / tilt that will go down but not up L'd love to know the cause.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was getting ready to head to the launch ramp this morning and ran into a snag. When I first pressed the trim up button on the controller;;er nothing happened. Released and pressed again and the motor started to rise. Stopped half way up to arrange fuel line and that's as far as I got.

Motor would not go up using the controller or the cowl switch. However, it goes down just fine.

It's a 2005 Merc XR-6 150 HP. Jiggled all the wires near the cowl switch and open, lubed all the connections in the area as well. Trim / tilt fluid is full.

If anyone has ever experienced or heard of a trim / tilt that will go down but not up L'd love to know the cause.
FYI - installed new relay and trim goes up - trim goes down. Done and done.

Thx again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts