Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They cut the corn field in front of the house early last week. The farmer brought him a new combine this year and I tell you it does one heck of a job, not loosing corn during the picking process. Been sitting on the front porch for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes every afternoon this week starting around 4pm. Very few birds are working the field with just one or two sitting on the power lines. Penn State have their first game of the season starting at 3:30PM tomorrow and it is on tv; so I plan on watching the game. Talked to Gene and Brennan last Saturday and Gene thought he'd be down the beach for the weekend. Brennan said he wanted to hunt but won't know what's going on probably till tomorrow morning. Checked the DU Migration site this morning and there are a few reports of sightings of migrating flocks of Mallards, all up and down the east coast. Not a lot but the early ones are on the move. If you have no other field to hunt and you want to go, let me know and you can sit in the field across the street and count how many Jet planes fly over per hour.:high5::wink44::high5:

Acey

·
Registered
839 Posts
AC I actually had an invitation to a private club, a customer of ours, big corn fields and a good plot of sunflowers, however I have a funeral for a friends mom to attend at 11. And my buddy's house they haven't cut the corn and milo yet, so if I get some time in the afternoon Tomm. I might head your way, and if its slow I might drink a miller with you. ;)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PP, It's 9:05am and I'm getting ready to ride around the block to see what is going on. I'm going to watch the Penn State game out in the gazebo in the pool area not down the man cave. Just letting you know in case you come over. I just got my HIP number over the internet. Ron and I got our Life Time Hunting and Fishing Licenses a few years back so only need the hip number for dove hunting.

Acey

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PP stopped and talked to Gene and Brennan. Gene isn't hunting but Brennan is and he only has two friends coming. They have been watching the field across from my house and said they saw some dove working the field yesterday, but much later then when I was watching it. Anyways, if you want when your done with things you are doing this morning, get in your hunting cloths, grab you gun, shells and a bucket to sit on, and come on over if you don't have any other plans. I'll probably go over about 1pm and come back to watch the game at 3:30pm. You can stay and hunt as long as you want then come back to my gazebo and get you that beer. Just pull in my drive way and go park in the parking area. I'll be in the field right in front of my house and I'll come get you.

Acey

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sorry acey I had a last minute invite to a hunt in Suffolk, luckily I had a shotgun in the truck, so I bee lined over there after the service this am. we got a few, 21 between my friend and I. Wind made it difficult. I might give you a call one day next week after work though if its okay.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Give me a call and we'll see what's going on. Brennan and his two friends hunted from 12:00 to about 4pm. Shot at maybe 4 dove with 0 in the bag. I hunted from 12:30 to 2pm. Shot at one dove with 0 in the bag. The dove just are not using this field.

Acey

·
Registered
839 Posts
You know, every last bird was stuffed with sun flower seeds didn't see the first kernel of corn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts