Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to Striper Joe. His Dad (Meredith) has had a turn for the worse and is experiencing some bad times. Take a minute and say a Prayer for Meredith and his Family.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Prayers sent.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Prayers Sent! Come on Cannonball, hang in there. Rest up and get stronger! We need you back into fishing shape for spring! We are all pulling for Ya!

Joe, call me if there is anything any of us can do.

Dayton

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks to all the blue cat fishermen who knew daddy for their calls and concern but he's now fishin' in a clean river on his own Catfish Cadillac where all the fish are BIG and the Bite is Always On !
His funeral will be Friday 1:00PM at Nelsen's on Laburnum Ave. Obituary should run on Thur and Fri in the Richmond Paper. I know this may not be the right place to put this but he woulda wanted all his fishin' buddies the last 2 years to know where he is right now. I'll be out and about sooner or later. Thanks to Tidal Fish for a way to get the message to all his "old fishin' buddies" ! Striperjoe

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I pray the God will bring Peace to the hearts and minds of the Cannon family and to all that knew Meredith. Heaven had another beautiful reunion yesterday afternoon. The tears that fall here on earth are matched by tears of Joy above, as Meredith got to see his wife whom he had missed for 2 years, and his parents got to hug their son again. Let a smile come to your face when you think of the Love that is being shared in his heavenly home.

Rest easy Meredith. Your work is done down here. You raised a family that anyone would be proud to know! You served your country thru out your entire adult life. As a WWII veteran and father of fine children, it is because of guys like you that we live in great place...free to live, love, worship and fish as each sees fit. Be very proud of yourself and your wife, as you flip through your family photo album with your loved ones.

God Bless you and thanks,

All Your Friends.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Thank You for calling me yesterday.....And Thanx for that too Dayton......good thing I can type cause with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat I cant say a word...Talk to you soon Joe...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Meredith W. Cannon Jr., 81, of Urbanna, formerly of Sandston, passed away Tuesday, January 23, 2007. He was preceded in death by his wife of 54 years, Dorothy H. Cannon. He is survived by his son and best friend, Joe Cannon and his wife, Joyce; daughters, Myra Cannon and her husband, Neil Gauldin, Susan Cannon Rushing and her husband, John; six grandchildren, Angela Bruce, Kimberly Baer, Scott Cannon and Kaylee, Scott and Jacob Rushing; three great grandchildren, Cannon Bruce, Lillian Bruce and Anna Reid Baer. Meredith was an avid fisherman and an active member of the James River Catfishing Club. For the last 26 years, he lived on Robinson Creek in Urbanna. He was a member of the U.S. Air Corp with the 8th Air Force in WWII and flew many missions in a B17 Bomber as a radio operator. Meredith retired after 25 years of service as an electronics technician supervisor with the Federal Aviation Administration. During Merediths retirement, he enjoyed stamp, coin and gun collecting. Meredith will be missed by his family, friends and three cats, Peter, Paul and Mary. During his time of illness, Meredith and his family were blessed by the excellent care given by Charlotte Dandy. The family will receive friends from 3 to 8 p.m. Thursday, January 25, 2007 at Nelsen Funeral Home, 4650 S. Laburnum Ave., where services will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, January 26, 2007. Interment to follow at Washington Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers, please consider contributions to the American Cancer Society, 3961 Deep Rock Rd., Richmond, Va. 23233 or Northstar Community Bon Air Church.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Like Dayton said, he's talking with his mother and father and wife now, and for sure he's in a better place. God be with you and the rest of the family.

mini moe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Like you said Joe, hes fishing in a better place. May God Bless you and your family. O, and all the chocolate doughnuts he can eat.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Joe it was a pleasure and a honor to be able to meet your dad,i'm really happy for you that you was able to take your dad fishing so much in his last years, my condolences to you and your family.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Joe,

I'm really sorry for the loss of your Dad. It was a great honor meeting and a pleasure fishing with him and you this past year. You should rest easy knowing that you filled his final days with happiness and joy fishing for Big Cats.

A Fishermans Prayer

I pray that I may live to fish
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast
Then I most humbly pray,
When in the Lord's Great Landing Net
And peacefullty asleep,
That in his mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep!

Russ and Jene

·
Registered
10 Posts
Striper Joe, I am saddened to here about your father it seems that he has richly Blessed so many people that knew him. May you be encouraged in your walk, my prayer,s are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Big John.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Joe , we are deeply sadened by this news. All i can say is that the time you spent with your dad the last 2 years helping him and introducing him to the cafishing gang was priceless. I have 2 prayers right now, one for you and your family and one that my son will be as awesome a son as you were to meredith. You and your dad were an awesome team. Was certainly a pleasure being able to meet your father and witness his spectacular fishing accomplishments. Talk to you soon.

Wayne, Stacey,Brandon & Ashleigh

·
Registered
887 Posts
I never met Mr. Cannon but I did see pictures of him cat fishing with Joe and Scott. It was good that you guys got the chance to fish with him in his later years. It is also very fortunate that he lived a long full life. He looked a lot like Joe, or Joe looked a lot like him. This life is just a vapor. It is important to know you are right with God by accepting Jesus as your Savior. Eternal life in heaven can not be earned it is a free gift purchased by the blood of Jesus at the cross. Today is the day of salvation. God Bless. Kepone :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
thank you very much guys, the funeral was today and obviously the video of pics, of which just over half featured blue cats, was a big hit. i sincerely do appreciate your words of encouragement and sympathy. they mean more than you know. Daddy is fishing right now in clean water, where there are big fish, plenty of bait and the bite is always on. I believe in the power of pray and love more now than ever before. it was a military funeral and it was spine tingling. I owe each of you guys a trip on the Catfish Cadillac. Please and thanks again guys as you really did help me make his last 2 years the most enjoyable he ever experienced. striperjoe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts