Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A month ago, my main concern was whether the wind would lay down enough for me to get a crack at the big rockfish that were being caught down at 78 & 78A. With the passing of my dear and beloved mother, my main concern right now is for the well being of Pop and my brothers and sister.

My mom, who suffered a massive stroke as a result of a recent surgery, is in a better place right now. My guess is that her and her original fishing buddy, my great uncle Morris, is on a boat somewhere in the afterlife getting some good pullage. My mom fought the good fight, and had the best care in the seven seas over at Navy Medical in Bethesda. My hats off to all the good people in Bethesda serving our country who tried to save her life. She will be interred on the 16th in Arlington National Cemetery; she will be in a lot of good company.

Right now, I could use all the prayers that I can get for strength for my Pop and my siblings. Thank you.

Don

Mom and I, Mother's day 2007. I love you Mom.
:bigangel:
Mothers Day 2007 - DSCF0017smaller.JPG
Until we meet again... ...Life truly is short

Pop in better times... ...My bachelor party, May 2001
scan0004 - 2001-05-12 Bay3 - small.jpg
...Yes, I went rockfishing for my bachelor party! :yes:

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
All our best & condolences on your loss.

At 56, I'm the oldest in my family... I miss those that came before me, especially around the holidays.

Take care.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Damn - right before the holidays. You are so right about life being such a fast ride - enjoy everyday you get.

Be strong for your dad- he's going to need your shoulder.

·
Registered
13,939 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I know first hand how it feels. Stay strong for your Dad and family, cherish the memories and time will lessen your pain. God bless............Gary

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Prayers to you and your family.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Prayers and well wishes to you and your family @ this time.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
My thoughts are with you.
-
:bigangel:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Prayers to you and your family... I lost a brother due to a car accident who was only 34 and one aunt who at 46 died of cancer last year , its never easy, but prayers will help to heal the pain of your loss...

God Bless

Chris

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I feel lucky to have such great parents, and I will relish my childhood memories always.

Those times are indeed priceless: Pop introducing me to bay fishing during the heyday of the big blues. :yes: Mom kicking my butt at gin rummy on the boat at our slip at Breezy Point. :clover: Mom tying into a fat bluegill (yes, a bluegill!) below the green can in the bay proper off the Severn. ;-) Mom's spaghetti and pot roast and warm meals and warm smiles too numerous to count. :chef: Summer vacations in Pennsylvania catching bass, pickerel, & yellow perch, and later in Ocean City catching slammer blues and flounder. :thumbup: Every member of the family tying into a big ray :eek: that showed up one time off Chesapeake beach while we were bottom fishing….

Thank you again everyone for the prayers and support. I've cried enough tears in the past week to float "Unfinished Business", but I've laughed a lot relishing and reliving the memories.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Prayers to you and your family... I lost a brother due to a car accident who was only 34 and one aunt who at 46 died of cancer last year , its never easy, but prayers will help to heal the pain of your loss...

God Bless

Chris
Chris, I'm sorry to hear of your losses as well. Your's are especially tough. My prayers to you and yours too.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Chris, sorry for your lose so close to the holiday's. My families pray's are with you and your father. Just remember the good time they never go away.

Chad

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray for you and your family.......

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Dang, Don. Very sorry to hear that. Dunno what it is about this time of year. Yesterday was the anniversary of my father's death and my mom passed on Christmas day. Not the happiest of seasons sometimes. Your family has our prayers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts