Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Well I guess I didn't screw too much stuff up last week, because Greg called and asked if I would like to work on the Miss Susie yesterday.

The crew was a chiropratic firm in Southern MD, and they brought most of the office and some friends as well. We left the dock around 6:30 or so and headed a little south by the HI. There were a fleet of boats headed out. Greg must be gaining notarity because there were actually two boats that were following in his wake. When he slowed down to drop his planer boards, they did the exact same thing 200 yards away from us. It was kind of comical.

After a few mishaps by me, we got the entire spread out and started catching. It was not wide open, but we had a fairly steady pluck through out the day. By 10:30am or so we had boated 14 fish, with three being over 40" We had alot of 37-39" fish today.

The crew wanted to save a slot open for a giant so we caught and realeased a few, and while it wasn't a giant finally hooked up with a 45" fish around 11:15. They decided that was the last one for them, and we headed back.

Sorry about not having pictures. When I picked up my camera this morning, I didn't realize the memory card was still in my reader.

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
Mishaps - do tell :D. I think everyone who owns a boat was out.Crowded everywhere - guess it was the last big hurray.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mishaps-

Well, Greg puts both planer board lines on an extension cord spool, clips the line to the board, shoots the line out, throws it in reverse, and clips the other end of the line to the boat. He gets 200 feet of planer baord line out quicker than anyone I have ever seen, normally.

Somehow, the line bound on the spool, and with 50" boards out and a 46' boat in gear it got real heavy real quick. I held on to the spool as hard as I could, and yelled at Greg to throw it in reverse, but, the entire spool shot, and i mean shot, into the water.

We circled around and got the board and started again, but, the entire spool had unwound as it was falling towards the bay floor!

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
OUCH - glad you did not get dragged over :eek2:. A 50 inch board and you is about a fair fight :D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts