Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that kayaks will be allowed on the reservoirs for the first time this year. I haven't been able to find any info on the regs. Anyone know what the requirements will be?
I know with boats you used to have to agree to use it on the 3 Baltimore area reservoirs ONLY. Is that still the case, and if so I wonder if kayaks will have to do the same?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
This is news to me, though something I was tempted to be very excited about... but I think you are right... moot point unless we agree to have a reservoir-only yak.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When last I checked up on the subject, the city was considering the probationary period of Kayaks on Prettyboy and Liberty. It has worked well on Lcoh Raven these past few years.
The problem, fellows, is that they restrict the use of Kayaks to non-fishing activities. That is, they won't allow you to fish from a kayak. So, what is the point? Before you make plans and buy a sticker, check to see if you can fish from a kayak. They will strongly enforce this reg. if added to the conditions.
Good Luck!
Frank Stevanus

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last year you could kayak but not fish from the kayak. You could kayak to a spot on the bank get out of the kayak and fish which i did last year. This is the first year that they will allow fishing from the kayak. But, you need to dedicate a boat for that purpose.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to belabor the point but i will anyhow. In last years Guide to Boating and Fishing on Baltimore Reservoirs it states under the lists of PROHIBITIONS: "No fishing from shells or kayaks". Now that is not the same as saying that no one has ever kayak fished on Liberty; the word "NO" may not have the same meaning to all people.

In any case, kayaking fishing is permitted this year. I have not received my Guide yet but i talked to them about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.