Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My families farm south of Vienna in Dorchester Co. in now hunted and taken care of (grass cut, cleaned, cleared, re-built, etc.) by me and 4 of my friends. We were hoping to be a group of 7 total but several friends could not commit leaving us 2 people short.
We did not want to go outside of our inner circle of friends as we have hunted together all our lives but we have to.

Because of our 2 person shortfall I will offer the opportunity for 1-2 hunters to join our group as a new member. We are looking for a long term relationship to join our group and help maintain our property.

We have 142 acres (private, my family owns it) consisting of 80 ac. woods, 40 ac. marsh, and 20 ac. fields....road front to river front.
If it walks, crawls, flys, or swims in MD......we have it, except bear and grouse.
We have approx. 15 stands, permanent and ladder type on the numerous trails and fields.

NOT INCLUDED AT PRESENT: use of the house, you have to
earn this.....

COST: $600.00 per person

I wont inflate the quality of our property with words, but it is an untapped resource as hunting pressure is very low, with almost all surrounding property being owner hunted (if hunted).

A great opportunity.......but it takes a lot of work.......and a little bit of money.

I will slowly add some photos.

email with questions (or post here): [email protected]

This post is similar to my 2004 post......this years photos will be added.

Mark

2004 early muzzle

2002 camtracker photo behind my ladder stand

2003 firearms

2001 bucks

Our farm house during its spring cleaning

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just some additional photos from this past season

a flock of 40 turkeys in the field by the house

2004 deer (1 of three nice bucks for Anthony)
My camtracker photos tell us we have plenty of bucks and does that we do not ever see with a gun in our hand and vice versa.

Again, it takes a lot of work to run a farm like this: farmer issues with fields, grass cutting every two weeks, house repairs, hunting equipment and deer stands, duck hunting gear and blinds, keeping trails clear, etc..............

If this sounds like fun to you let me know.
I have the contact info from previous interested parties and I will contact those shortly.

Mark

·
Registered
227 Posts
[Q]itsallgood originally wrote:
you should not only be subscribed to the board, but should have a commercial subscription to post this ****.... [grin][grin][grin]
[/Q]

My thoughts exactly. I don't doubt his good intentions, but I'll never understand what the problem is with 12 bucks a year to subscribe.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Do you guys have any bird hunting down there? I'm mainly interested in quail & woodcock. I wouldn't want to mess up your deer hunting (I hunt birds with my lab), so maybe I could hunt just the good bird cover and leave the acorns alone...!

Please let me know if you'd like to work something out.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry if I have not contacted you yet.....please be patient. I am very busy and need a little time to get back to some of you. I thought it was important to get this posting out and we will get things rolling shortly.

Mark

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
$600 to hunt 142 acres is kinda steep. Maybe I need to start charging the guys that hunt my familys 2000 acres. I should be able to make a good living off it.

I hear ya Tim. I can't even post a picture of a lure without getting blasted. I guess we just don't live far enough north.

·
Registered
61 Posts
[Q]ketch69 originally wrote:
$600 to hunt 142 acres is kinda steep. [/Q]

The price to hunt his property may be a little steep, but to top that off, you practically become an indentured servant in caring for the property as well. Pay to hunt AND work yer azz off to maintain the land.

Good deal for Mark.....

Sort of reminds me of a time when I was looking for a networking job, and a car dealer would of let me manage his network ***IF*** I bought a used car from him first and paid him a outrageous monthly insurance payment on it (from my wages I earned from him, of course.....) [tongue]

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My father died a couple years ago leaving me with the place to myself. My friends help me take care of the place both physically and financially, in return I handed them their own sets of keys.

I have an excellent opportunity for one or two persons to be a partner in our group of excellent hunters (see photos).

It takes time, work, and money to keep a nice hunting property with an old farm house in shape.
I have always worked the hardest and never made a dollar off of the place.

A good piece of private land is hard to find and keep in Maryland. I hope to provide that to someone.

ketch69 and willtill.......lets see your photos!!!!!!!!

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mark sent you e-mail and b-mail have not heard from you since.

Please respond. As to the guys who say it is too much work and or to much money. It must be nice to have a place where you don't have to pay!!! this is the first time I have had to find a place to hunt. Areas selling out to urban development or farmers selling thier lands and the new owners don't want anybody on thier property. It i s worth a littler bit of elbow grease if you have a place to go with a house to stay too. When you go hunting do you stay and pay for a hotel room, how much money do you spend on that!. You spend 200.00 to join a lease and no place to stay, how much did you spend on hotels see 45.00 a night say you spend ten nights a year during the hunting seasonin a hotel. Um seems like that is 450 plus the 200 to lease equals 650. Beside liking to do farm work tilling fields and seeding, it's time well spent. if it produces animals to shoot and duck hunting and some goose hunting and a palce to work my dogs it would be great!!!

This is why i'm interested!!!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hey, I didn't say you didn't have nice Deer. My point is that $600 to hunt on only 142 acres is way to high in my book. If you can get it, good for you. We spend a little money also. Good luck. I didn't mean it to get under your skin.

·
Registered
61 Posts
[Q]ketch69 originally wrote:
Hey, I didn't say you didn't have nice Deer. My point is that $600 to hunt on only 142 acres is way to high in my book. If you can get it, good for you. We spend a little money also. Good luck. I didn't mean it to get under your skin.[/Q]

ditto....

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.