Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Need some help. Just now finished installing windlass. The book says the plunger is supposed to be out for normal operation. It does not seem right that it hits every time it rotates and clunks. Any insight would be appreciated. Also ,does anybody cover their windless to keep rain from the anchor rode locker? Thanks

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I also ordered the Pro Fish 700 for this year. Its being installed now, so I cannot yet help you with the clunking issue. The manual does indicate the plunger should be out. I will also be interested in comments from others.

This Lewmar replaces my old Lewmar horizontal windlass. Previously I kept the windlass uncovered. The boat spends the season outside on a lift. I never noticed much water in the bilge due to drainage from the anchor locker. But I do have a forward bilge pump on my Steiger Craft (25'). If needed, that pump would take care of an excess water without any action on my part. Most of the other boats with a windlass in my marina seem to keep them uncovered.

·
Registered
488 Posts
As I recall there is a button on the side of mine.. had the same problem until playing with the button in relation to a stop of some kind.. was kind of intuitive but need a man in the cabin and at the unit itself..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the plunger in, I have no free fall. Maybe I expected it to be more automatic. I am waiting to hear back from Lewmar. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts