Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the upper eastern shore chapter of the maryland bowhunters society is selling, "I support sunday hunting, and I vote", bumper stickers. half of the money raised from the stickers will go directly to the mbs legal action committee. the stickers are $5.39 for two shipped to your door, or $5 for two in person. if interested in expressing your support for sunday hunting and to help out our legal action committee send a check made out to, "mbs uesc" to

todd bonner

1232 rock hill rd.

pasadena, md.

the best way that ive found to put them on is:

1. clean area with window cleaner

2. spray area with window cleaner

3. place bumper sticker on area while still wet

4. squeegy out air bubbles with license or credit card

5. postion sticker in exact location and let dry in sun

heres some pics, thanks, todd

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[Q]kepone cats originally wrote:
Maybe in MD but not in VA.

If God rested one day out of the week then so should the animals He made. [smile]
[/Q]

so its ok to fish on sunday but not hunt[sad]

http://www.marylandbowhunterssociety.org/

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/marylandwhitetail

·
Registered
621 Posts
Kepone,

You guys allowed to (or do the great people of VA) fish on Sundays?

Somebody is probably not thinking it through as usual.

The animals can rest most of the year......this is about wildlife management and making the most of a weekend warriors time.

Mark

·
Registered
421 Posts
What does it have to do with GOD, he won't be hunting he will be in church? Other states do it and he has not brought down the all mighty wrath on them. BTW I don't go to indoor church my church is outdoors!!!

·
Banned
859 Posts
Roger all of the above..........hunting should in no way infringe on anyone's first amendment rights. Kepone, I respect you and your belief, but it isn't fair to impose it upon others. A good lawyer could repeal that blue law.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Fishing is legal all year round while hunting is not. A one day break is good for the animals and the hunters. I understand the weekend warrior argument because I am one.

The issue of hunting on sunday does have to do with Religion-(Christianity/church attendance or lack of).

I would not want the agnostics pounding the deer.,turkeys etc. and trespassing on my property while I am attending church.
[grin]

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hopefully........no one is doing anything on your property at anytime if you dont want them too.

That is a big problem for me in MD on my property........it took the law makers a long time to do battle on this issue to only allow Sunday hunting on private property.
Private property should have been a "no-brainer" and the fought battle should have been over public lands (especially Pittman-Robertson properties).......but some would have called it a good start.

Any new "Sunday" new for the upcoming season?

Mark

·
Registered
421 Posts
KEPONE, heres your sign... Print and stick...

Subject: Keep the Ban on Sunday Hunting !
Dear [ Decision Maker ] ,
I'm opposed to legislation that would permit hunting on Sundays. There are six other days in the week that should be enough to satisfy hunters.
98% of VA residents do not hunt, this large majority of people enjoy wildlife non-consumptively. Currently, this majority of people have just ONE day during hunting season to enjoy outdoor activities whether it be bird watching, hiking, cycling, or practicing wildlife photography, without the threat of bullet or bows. Hunters already enjoy recreational opportunities disproportionate with their numbers, and this legislation creates an even greater imbalance among outdoor users.
Surely the number of non-hunting hikers, like myself, who enjoy a weekly walk in the woods without fear of being shot at, should be entitled to our day of healthful recreation.
Sincerely,

KOPONE CATS
WILLIAMSBURG, VA

·
Registered
70 Posts
"bird watching, hiking, cycling, or practicing wildlife photography, without the threat of bullet or bows. Hunters already enjoy recreational opportunities disproportionate with their numbers"

Let's see......how disproportionate is it?
Hunting license $$, bowhunting stamp $$, muzzleloader stamp $$, bonus deer stamp $$, lottery hunts $$, etc...
This is the money that buys, manages, and maintains a LARGE portion of the public land that ALL enjoy.

How much are you paying for your :
bird watching license?
hiking license?
cycling license?
photography license?
horseback riding license?

What percentage of the money comes from the 2% ?
Still disproportionate?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for all the support guys. wasnt sure how this was going to go on a fishing site. whats going on hockeybuck? glad to see a familiar name!

·
Registered
557 Posts
kjr....I think your figures are a little off when you say that 98% of the residents in Virginia don't hunt! I do understand both sides of the issue, and I respect each side for their opinions.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts