Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of problems people with outboards are experiencing?:helpsmilie: as suggestions to correct would be appreciated

·
Registered
421 Posts
Some Suggestion That Have Been Given To Me: 1) If You Know That Your Boat Is Going To Sit For More Than A Week Turn The Gas Off And Run All Of It Out Of The Engine Then Choke It And Start It Again To Make Sure All The Gas Is Out.2) Use A Gas Stableizer( I Use Stab-ill ).3) If You Have A Yammy Use "ring Free". My Boat Is In The Shop Right Now Because The Jet Pins In The Carb Are Stuck And They Told Me It Was From The Gas. It Ran Fine At Higher Speeds But Did Not Idle Well. The Mechanic Said Dont Use Any Gas That Is More Than 3 Months Old Even If It Is Satablized. Thats What I Am Being Told To Do To Keep It From Happining Again. ALSO I AM HAVING THEM ADD A WATER/FUEL SEPARATING FILTER THAT IS SUPPOSE TO HELP.

·
Registered
610 Posts
it will be a hot topic as some bring there boats out of storage now i bet this is not the last owe will hear about it!!

sorry no info except e-10 sucks, more $ and does not store well

toby

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
E10 Problems

I am thinking about installing a second water seperator and put valves so I can bypass one and switch to the other.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm lucky the fuel sold in my area does not have ethanol in it. I just make sure I fill up before I trailer to other areas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts