Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son killed his first deer Friday.It was a 3 point but itcould have been a half point buck.He is tickled and hooked for life.I believe we as agroup killed 17 deer the last 3 days.I took my rabbit beagles that I have worked and trained all summer yesterday morning and it payed off with 2 rabbits down in about 1 hours time.We made some memories this weekend for sure.:clap:I will try and post picture soon!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My son got his first deer last year and it was also a 3 point. I was so proud of my little man and I know exactly how you feel. Congratulations to you and your son. He is lucky to have a dad like yourself.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/chesapeake-hunting/222271-best-buck-ever.html
:clap:
I saw the pic and reconize the excitement!!!It gave me a good feeling to be a part of this and share the experience with him.My dad died when I was 5 so it means alot to do these things with my son.TAKE A KID HUNTING AND FISHING!!!!!:yes::clap:

·
Registered
401 Posts
I took my buddy's 12 year old daughter in the woods with me the other day. We didn't get to see any but that girl had a blast.

·
Registered
13,939 Posts
My son is 8 and hunted with me all day Saturday. All we saw were a few spikes and some running deer. I told him that we are not shooting any bucks that are not being mounted and we don't shoot at running deer. He was fine with that and had a great day in the stand with me. He now knows that killing isn't necessary to have a good time. I'm sure that when he starts hunting that we can relax the buck rules a bit for his first deer. Congratulations on your Son's first deer..........I'm sure you are both proud.......Gary

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I respect your choice of hunting not shooting at running deer,although my son killed his running and we were hound hunting.He has been taught about ethics.We hunt a farm in isle of wight ,Va.There is a farmer that invites me and the boys to thin the deer on his farm about twice a year and we normally will kill about 15 t o 25 a year in 2 days.I bring my hounds to hunt but his rule is dont shoot a buck unless it is a wall deer but kill all the does you want.There is an exception for kids though.I dont think it matters what you do just as long as the kids have fun and enjoy themselves!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's good though that you teach them the rules that the land owner puts into place too. Teaches them respect of other's property and wishes. Good job.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Tell your boy that I said cograts! That must have been a great time. Logan has been riding with my father in-law helping him run the dogs. If you need some help, email me the pic and I will put it up for you.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Justin,I will tell him.Jon Joyner is suppose to post pic for him,I am still learning about this Hi tech stuff!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you're having problems posting the pictures, you could probably ask your son for advice. That'd be an equal trade. You show him how to hunt, he shows you how to post a pic.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you're having problems posting the pictures, you could probably ask your son for advice. That'd be an equal trade. You show him how to hunt, he shows you how to post a pic.
Yeah your probably right,unfortunatly I went to shool before the www was the big thing but I am trying to learn all I can!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It wouldnt hurt for me to obtain a digital cam either,Im sure there is nothing to it.My buddy I went to school with that has hunted with me for years is suppose to post a pic that he took,I will catch up with the times oneday.LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts