Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as Jordan got off the bus she called to tell me that she had been selected to participate in the Grasses in the Classes restoration project that is sponsored by the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and the DNR. She had to write an essay stating Why she wanted to be in the program. (I'll have to get that and post it later) They will be growing Wild Celery, a submerged aquatic vegetation (SAV) from seed! This is an after school project where they will be collecting data weekly and sending it to DNR via computer. During the sessions the students will also learn about the bay's ecosystem.

Her school is one of over 100 schools that are participating int his program. One more good thing that will come out of this, she and the other 7 kids selected will be planting the grasses at Rocky Point in June!

-Eric
(Proud Dad!)

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Eric- THAT'S AWESOME!:thumbup:

Celery grass is the real good stuff. I hope this is a rewarding experience for her. She's a great kid and deserves the best!
Congratulations Jordan!!!!:clap:

·
Registered
438 Posts
congrats to both of you
sounds like a great project--good luck

bret

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
WTG Jordan!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That should be a great learning experience and a great thing for the environment!

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
that's fantastic!!
if she continues her interest and wants to study something Bay related maybe she can apply for a MSSA scholarship.
we have given away many scholarships but most of the kids we have never heard of.
it would be nice for someone we know to get one!
can't wait to read the essay.

congratulations.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
That is very cool. Sounds like your daughter has the right stuff.

Ah yes I recall that during high school there was an unofficial "grass after class" program ;) :cool: :thumbup: .

MG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts