Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came home with my new 140 w/ rudder. Now I have to add the gizmos and gadgets to make it an angling machine. (not as easy as buying it).
I just missed a VA paddler clinic on setting up for fishing anew.
I live in Frederick MD. Does anyone know of another clinic in the area, or at least somewhere to look at and touch all of the various accessories to choose from?
I know I want a 2 piece light weight paddle, couple of rod holders(casting and fly rod) GPS/debth finder mount and probably a number of other things I haven't thought of yet.
Looking forward to your replies......

·
Registered
999 Posts
nsfratu, congrats on the new Tarpon 140! There are a few of us here in Maryland that have rigged Tarpon 140's. So maybe you can meet up with us next time we do some yak fishing or they will chime
in with some pics of their rigged T-140. I'm not sure what is the best fly rod holder but for spinning rods I'm a big fan of the Ram Rod Tubes.

I just sold my T-140 (it was a great yak but upgrading to a Hobie Adventure) but below are some pics of it w/ the Humminbird
Matrix 17 FF and Ram Rod Tube. Also, check out kayak fishing stuff dot com for more rigged yaks.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Appomattox River Company in Yorktown and Wild River Outfitters in VA BEach both sell accessories.

Some websites to check out:
www.tkaa.org
www.kayakfishingstuff.com
www.coastalkayakangler.com

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Agree with Cory on http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com

They have an Articles board with a whole bunch of How-To stuff with pictures included.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You want to get yourself a comfortable PFD first... check out the Stohlquist Asea, or Lotus Mildwater. Get yourself a back up paddle and plenty of leashes too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am I to believe there is nowhere in the area to pich up and hold(or try on) the items I wish to purchase?

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
What exactly do you want to pick up? And who was doing the seminar you missed?

·
Registered
999 Posts
REI in Rockville, MD for PFD, Paddle and other kayak safety accessories.

Bass Pro Shop in Hanover, MD or any Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sport's Authority, West Marine, Boater's World for fish finder, gps, fishing accessories....

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
[Q]nsfratu originally wrote:
Am I to believe there is nowhere in the area to pich up and hold(or try on) the items I wish to purchase?
[/Q]
Post deleted -

I posted information based on you living in the Tidewater area of VA and then noticed buried in your post you're in MD. I didn't see any location under your board name in the left margin.

There's got to be somewhere in the area you live at which you can get stuff.......... try a canoe shop.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congrats nsfratu on your Tarpon 140. i bought a Tarpon 120 and love it. I too have to still add gears and paddle leashes,etc to get it the way I think it should be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts