Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

We have established a short web-based form that will allow you to report wind/wave conditions on the Chesapeake Bay, near-shore coastal waters, and adjacent mainstem rivers (Rappahannock, York and James). We have developed a drop-down menu from which you can select a location in close proximity to where you are. You can access the reporting form at: http://swskywarn.org/AKQ_MAR_Report.php . Your data can be valuable to us in calibrating our forecasts, so we request accuracy in reporting conditions.

Also, the location drop-down list is incomplete. We can add locations you feel would be beneficial. Also, if you have a suggestion regarding how to better organize the location list, please let me know via b-mail.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think this new program will be of great value. Over time the data received will add up to better forecasting/predictions. Thanks federal government workers for this forward looking program. As a federal worker I know first hand the value of our work, even the people who were deemed non-exempt are of value and importance to the cause.

I agree with the people who have concerns with people estimating wave height and wind speed, do you have any ideas that could help weather novices like myself with "how to" figure out what we think the wave height or wind speed is? Additionally, maybe add a distant between the wave tops,(choppy or smooth slow waves).

Thanks for you service in keeping us safe on the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.