Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Im done with TF and the no moderation... IF you want to see it and many other reports and no *****ing go to:

http://www.hookedup.fish/index.php?threads/pscr-report-and-openeing-day-weather-update.2853/
Agree about the mods, letting others with the agenda of ruining TF work, shows that they could care less who they let post. Not sure what happened but Hooked up is a good forum that doesn't seem to tolerate agitators. Have been looking at the posts there and agree that the guys there are about fishing.

Guess I'll be looking for your weather forecasts also. Have a good season and enjoy life with your family.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good way to advertise another forum
Why not? Not like the Mods will take this down.... there are no Mods.

I hope many who enjoy posting quality reports and learning from other reports free from bashing will switch over.

I loved TF. I learned so much here from reports and Ho'ing with great Anglers like Skip, Mlag, Lawman, Catman, etc. But the forum is not what it used to be and I see the potential of Hooked up to be what TF used to be.

Skip - You are already over there(I have seen you post) now just got to get you to post your reports there instead of here :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Why not? Not like the Mods will take this down.... there are no Mods.

I hope many who enjoy posting quality reports and learning from other reports free from bashing will switch over.

I loved TF. I learned so much here from reports and Ho'ing with great Anglers like Skip, Mlag, Lawman, Catman, etc. But the forum is not what it used to be and I see the potential of Hooked up to be what TF used to be.

Skip - You are already over there(I have seen you post) now just got to get you to post your reports there instead of here :)
I see your point but why would there even be a need for a moderator if people didn't do the kind of things you did on this thread? I mean your complaining about no moderation but your taking advantage of it by going against the rules, you wouldn't do that on the site your advertising. Your also trying to get people from the site you are criticizing to join the other site. so the same people will be there. I don't really see anything terrible going on on this site. its a popular site, your going to have differing opinions, some people will even act wrongly towards others, that's to be expected, if the dead site your promoting ever gets as popular the same thing will happen

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Jamie- I frequent the other site too. I guess you could say I'm on the fence. Over the last few years I altered the way I post. What got to me was the way DNR and other agencies monitor these sites. I think it was the PSCR threads that led to the restrictions. I also try not to get involved with the threads that drive wedges between user groups. Not everybody likes chocolate ice creme and you won't change their mind. So if I don't see you here, I'll see you over there. Maybe we can get togather again some time.......................

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This forum has changed which is why many have left.

By the way the wind forecast changed ALOT overnight on all models. You can see the new forecast on the other site.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Nothing has changed since day 1 of any forum of any kind...it is what it is
I gotta agree with that. You're seeing a slightly different variation of the great Brady/Superfish duels from 1999, or the posts from the clown who recommended sucking wayward gasoline out of the bilges with a shop vac in the mid 2000s, or the evil dill weeds that try to convince the masses that rockfish are eating all the crabs....

Curmudgeons, spot burners and commercial apologists flame, then fade, then reconstitute and seem to persist. But they are a noisy small group relative to the much larger core here who love to fish and love the bay.

That's why guys like TerpHeels are still around!

·
Registered
355 Posts
This site hasn't changed much at all over the years. There will always be uptight people with a low tolerance for anyone that doesn't have the same beliefs and ideas as them. Just like in the real world. lots of angry people, but that should never stop you from contributing your ideas

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Yes and No. I agree people come and go on the internet forums but I would have to say the tenor is a lot different between the smaller Offshore board and the very large Chesapeake board. I still post reports and participate on the offshore board because I think there is a more free exchange of information there and not a lot of negativity/BS. I haven't posted a report on the Chesapeake board in years and don't see too many other reports like years ago when it was smaller. I just see frequent posts from TidalSkip and some of his friends. I am thinking they should rename the Chesapeake board to TidalSkip and friends. Kind of like Barney and friends from when my kids were young. Hookin up Jamie has been on this site for awhile and now its time to move on. I can't say I blame him.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,707 Posts
The bs does not bother me at all, each to his own. I have met very good and nice fishermen here. I come here to share and learn from others who do the same. I also belong to that other board, very few reports over there. It is up to us to make this board what we want it to be. Good luck to all this year, share and learn from each other.

·
Registered
14,400 Posts
Rectangle Happy Font Photo caption Internet meme
After you have been here for a while, you know who these pot stirrers are. Just ignore them. State your view and move on. Arguing on the internet is like trying to blow out a light bulb!.........Gary

·
Registered
355 Posts
View attachment 160074 After you have been here for a while, you know who these pot stirrers are. Just ignore them. State your view and move on. Arguing on the internet is like trying to blow out a light bulb!.........Gary
I agree, If people would just learn to respect other peoples opinion it could be a better place. If someone posts something that you disagree with, just post your point of view and move on. the problem I usually see is when someone posts, especially when they make a good point, someone with a different view wants to attack the person. then it just becomes an argument

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Ding Ding Ding, this forum needs no excuses, it is what it is. Got to carry on with TF, no matter what happens. Good people here and they know it. Lots of info and helping one another out, that's why it has those that come and go with their agenda of causing trouble. There's no other forum like it.

People leaving for hooked up will eventually have the same problems, count on it. Maybe their mods have a no BS rule with trouble makers.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The ironic thing is, most here complain about the *****ing and criticizing that goes on here on TF, but the post in question received over 25,000 views. I guess it's like driving by a car wreck, you know it's going to be nasty, but you can't help but look and look again. If you don't like what someone posted, ignore it and move on. That sure didn't seem to happen with that post in question.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts