Tidal Fish Forum banner

Pt. Lookout Area

724 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JimBob 
#1 ·
Anyone know of good launch/fishing sites in the Pt. Lookout area? I've launched my SIK there and fooled around in the mouth of the Potomac before, but thought there might be better places.

#2 ·
There is an awesome put in spot on the Maryland side at what I think is called Pt. Lookout state park. It's back in protected water on the NW side of the point with jetties lining the entrance into the creek. It's great fishing and a great put in spot. If it's rough you can stay on the inside, if its not it's a short paddle to the point. It's too long of a drive if you are in Virginia but like I said if you are in MD you are set. The fishing is awesome there.

#3 ·
OoPS, a bit late but... Have you tried around St. Georges Island? It's a few miles up river in Maryland. There is a ramp beside the bridge on to the island.

Might also try St. Jeromes Creek inlet. There are a couple of marinas in the creek. I'd go for Buzz's. Roads to the marinas are in Ridge.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.