Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I primarily hunt flooded timber/ swamps, so not much more than what I can carry. Most of the places are to tight for a boat.

Blind Bag- shells, extra gloves, water bottle, thermos, small peice of rope, small folding saw, flashlight, extra batteries
Decoy bag- 2 dozen mallards and 1 dozen woodies, 2 feeding mallards
Small waterproof bag(inside blind bag)- CELL PHONE, camera, GPS

Over the years I have tried to slim down what I carry to the essentials. If I am lucky enough to be hunting out of my jon boat it is basically the same, just add to large camo tarp to cover the boat, tree saw (to cut a couple limbs to cover the boat), small cooler, and a towel and dry change of clothes. I am probably forgetting a few things

·
Registered
229 Posts
Boat - 16' aluminum vee-hull w/ 9.9 evinrude, painted "dull dead grass". Nylon camo boat blind/cover. XXL camo mesh-top life jacket worn over hunting jacket.

Gear bag - spot light, hand warmers, duck/goose calls, fleece balaclava, box of shells, shooting glasses, neoprene gloves, monster Swiss Army Knife, thermos, Marge Simpson good luck action figure.

Clothes - Cabela's insulated gore-tex wading jacket, gore-tex bootfoot waders, browning cold weather sox, camo fleece jacket, camo gloves & hat.

Gun - Remington 1187 w/ 3" Mag #2 steel, Cabela's floating camo case.

Two dozen magnum mallard decoys in no-tangle decoy bags. No tangle decoy lines w/ flexible strap anchors. Robo-Duck!

Folding screen blind and folding olive drab camp seat.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Cuhollow-

Typically it is 2 people carrying that stuff, 1 carries the decoy bag and the other carries the blind bag.

Cjacobs2-

I hunt in Southampton county, no such thing as public land out there for the most part. Every square inch of that county is hunted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts