Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Went ou kayak fishing the other day for some puppy drum. And that we did! We went just outside of our cove at a nice point around some pilings.Using swimming mullet Berkley Gulp!they worked amazin. Ended up with six keepers. One at 24'! It was amazin,pulling the kayak around like crazy. Other biggest at 20'.Then four others around 19'. It was a blast on light tackle. Going back out tonight if i get my homework done. I will come back with a report.

Man, Those pups are so good to eat. We had them for dinner in the deep fryer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
pups for din din

yea that was great. i was there when the 24 incher was caught. great meat, great fight. they were biting like crazy. one time we had two on at once. btw, the david kid only caught one but me and his brother caught 4 combined. booya. goin out again tonight with them tonight maybe.:bigfish:

·
Registered
11 Posts
where did you launch at..i've been meeting to get out for some last season reds before it gets too cold

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hi David,

I think I met you and your buddies Sunday. I was fishing solo in the 19' Sea Chaser.

Thanks for the report and if your are the same person I met, nice to meet you!

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Nice fish... I caught some smaller ones on Thursday of last week while speck fishing. You're right, they're DEFINITELY good on the table.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just because the man is smart, and finished his HW early doesn't mean he can't scoot out and hook some pups. :yes:

Work hard, play hard,

Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey mike. ya this is me. i went later that night and the striper were really biting. i tried the dock across the way and there wasnt much happening at all. hope i can see you out there soon.
-david

·
Registered
486 Posts
Been fishing from my Kayak over on the eastern shore... seems to be over for the Speck/pup bite, thinking about coming across for a day maybe monday... where do you guys suggest I put in? I like to target pups Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Carl - Put in at the Crab Creek boat ramp at the northern side of the Lesner Bridge @ Lynnhaven Inlet. There's plenty of pups around, the speck bite is on and off (the last of the outgoing has been best for me).

·
Registered
486 Posts
gottcha.... thanks Al.... looks like Thursday might be the ticket

1 - 16 of 16 Posts