Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell us anything about these boats ?

We are looking at one with 330 Cummins and we want to know how they comapare to other boats in that class.

Are they as good as Carolina Classics ? worse, better,Junk?

Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Both boats are nice boats and I have fished on both at one time or another. Pursuit has been around a lot longer than Carolina if that means anything to you, but you may already know that.

Cummins is a good engine. I used a Cummins 370 hp in-line six cylinder (883 cid) in my tractor trailer and with the same gearing could stay with the Cats no problem. THe Cats are also good engines, but the Cummins people weren't as proud of the parts as Cummins and therefore Cummins was less expensive to maintain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the pleasure of fishing both a number of times, the carolina (28) was a better riding unit in the rough stuff, the pursuit was was a better drift riding unit, the range on the 30 offshore with the power you are considering might be a issue. Both are same quality construction in my eyes. If I had the choice and range is not a issue in my case the 30 offshore would be in my slip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.