Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I need some advice on installing a set of Seachoice Outriggers on my 26' 1980 bayliner cruiser. The space is limited so I wanted to place them on the hardtop. Any advice would be apperciated[grin]

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
How big of out riggers do you want install? I am most likely going to go with just the Taco Sport slams. There is no under the hard top deployment and they can only hold to 15' poles. However, they are fairly cheap and look very easy to install. Here they are:

http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/catalog/product_11061_TACO_Sport_Slam.html

You may need to buy a backing plate..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi B-Faithful

15' poles are my choice. also the thickness of my hardtop is approx 3/8" of fiberglass. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I build tops for a living, including several manufacturers and dealers, the most used outrigger we use are the Taco grand slams, you will need a metal support plate either welded or bolted in to offer support and offset the torque that the out riggers go through, we use 1/4 welded anodized plate, and Taco sells a bolt on extrusion that is really strong too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Will the Taco brand fit the Seachoice hole pattern. Also woold I install the reinforcing on the bottom side of the hardtop?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts