Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one a few weeks ago for LTJ, very nice, smooth and solid. However, eventhough its only 10.4 oz (or something like that), all of the weight is at the spool end and it does not balance as well as my Stradic and Sahara. I don't like that at all, a counterbalance on the rod would help. I would assume that the other quantum spinners are like that, are they?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Phill - I just returned a Catalyst after three trips - finish was peeling, which I could get by with, but it locked up on a nice fish last week.

I took a chance on Quantum - no more.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a Cabo PT20. Either one of you have any experience with this reel? Might I expect the same issues? Anyone else have any experience with the Cabo. I know GB was thinking about picking one up.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hi Jim _ I haven't used the Cabo. I can say that the $100 Catalyst was no match for my 5 years old $80 Spheros reels.

I gotta think that the $140 Stradic would be nicer than the $200 Cabo based on my Catalyst experience.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just back from BPS

I returned the catalyst and wanted to get the Diawa Execlor (??) and of course, as usual, they had every other size BUT 2500! Gawd I hate that place, but I get the rewards points and all my junk for free. Ended up with another Stradic at $120. I fooled around with the other quantums and they felt like they'd be "front-heavy" too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts