Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love these fishing mysteries. Here is one for me.-------Can someone tell me what kind of fish this is? My Nephew moved to Port Charlotte FL. and caught this off his dock. Thanks!
Vertebrate Fish Fisherman Ray-finned fish Fishing

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love these fishing mysteries. Here is one for me.-------Can someone tell me what kind of fish this is? My Nephew moved to Port Charlotte FL. and caught this off his dock. Thanks! View attachment 279912
I hope some one knows what kind it is,I caught 2 of those in Cape Coral Fl.in
Aug.it finned me good I won't for those.They have strips like rock but shaped like a small salt water drum paper mouth like crappie?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My fishing friends in FL. told me what it is. Would you like to know longtail, or your not interested?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't be so sure Andy. I live at Cape Charles in the VA portion of the Bay and I catch one or two fairly regularly in my cast net, including one I caught a few days ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also caught a white perch in the creek I live on a few days ago. That is more unusual here, since I am down almost at the mouth of the Bay.
Water Fin Fish Ray-finned fish Tail

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't be so sure Andy. I live at Cape Charles in the VA portion of the Bay and I catch one or two fairly regularly in my cast net, including one I caught a few days ago.
I didn't know that. But you are pretty far south in Virginia. Maybe we do have a few in the upper bay of Md.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts