Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that if you switch from drum brakes to disc brakes, you can "adapt" the actuator if you puncture the restricting hole in the cylinder that pressures the brakes. Question is: if you have done that and you go back to drum brakes, will the actuator still be effective on the drum brakes? I'm not talking long term, but I need a quick fix to get a trailer from here to there a couple of time until I do a major upgrade (probably a new trailer).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Sandtiger, that makes sense. I was just grasping at straws. This has to do with that disaster of a trailer I need to seriously upgrade or get a new one. It got worse yesterday when my Powerwinch litterly caught fire. I need to get the boat to a service place which, by the way, also sells trailers. I thought I could take it for service, get them to see the boat and quote me a trailer for it, and maybe leave with one later. Problem is the current trailer has a bad actuator for the drum brakes and doesn't work. I have an old actuator that I picked up cheap from a guy that supposidly had the diaphram punctured to be used with disc brakes in my anticipation of going that way. Thought that would be better than nothing. I'll probably just drive it in with no brakes (yikes!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.