Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about launching at the Narrows on Saturday afternoon (weather permitting) - I only have my 14' duck boat - and trying to catch a few Rock in that area. I was planning on heading toward Eastern Bay & looking for birds, but I don't want to go too far. If there are no birds working, can anyone give me any advice on specific spots/structure to fish? I'll be LTJ'ing.

Also, are the birds still working & are the fish still feeding like last week? And are there enough fish in that area to make it worth going out?

I appreciate any help you guys can offer - pictures & fishing reports make me think at least a few of you can offer plenty!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Try at night under the lights of the bridge. Try fishing behind each piling in the day. Use a trolling motor to hold you in position so you can affectively bottom bounce behind the pilings with your favorite jig and plastic.

Rattle traps at night used to work well. I didn't do too well the last time I was there with perfect conditions but it could have been an off night.

You can also try a fly rod with floating line and clouser minnow or surf candy and cast into breaking fish or obvious light lines.

In the day I'd fish throughout the Kent Narrows channel and look for structure on your depth finder. The sea wall on the southern side holds fish well. Look at the rips forming during peark tide and fish them hard.

The best and most consistant bite will be at night under the bridge for the most part. But you never know, birds might be working up north in the chester or down south in Ebay. I wouldn't go too far from the ramp incase the wind picks up on you in that small boat.

I've also heard of Chain Pickeral in the Creeks around there if you're into that kind of thing. Try shallow with small spinners.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
There's been a good bite on both sides of the Narrows in the past few weeks as of last night. Migratory fish move fast so every day is different. The Chester side gets a lot of wind with the prevailing westerlys we've had, but it's been hot. Mouths of all the rivers and major creeks into Ebay have had fish from time to time lately. That's where I'm launching out of now. Also, what Jon says above.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pink BA's and BKD's produce well under the bridge there at night. Spec rigs too. Try to anchor on the light line (good luck), cast up current, and bottom bounce w/out barely reeling. Seen some nice fish come out of there this time of year.

Also, that current rips stronger than anything I've seen this side of IRI. Wear a PFD and don't fall in. One older shore bound angler slipped and drowned last year.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
One Saturday nite several years ago I got trapped there during the annual "Parade of Lights". Thats where a bunch of big boats drape themselves in Christmas lights and motor thru the Narrows just after dark. There were a couple 1000 people watching the parade from both sides of the bridges. I think it was the Saturday night after Thanksgiving... for your sake I hope its not this coming Saturday. You don't want to be there then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts