Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 28 Parker has 4s 225s. The fuel consumption on the guage reads significantly less than the actual use. For example, the guage was reading 130 gallons used and I poured in 160 gallons at the pump. I have this problem consitantly. The boat and engines have only about 300 hours. Has anyone had a similar issue?
Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
565 Posts
They need to be calibrated. Mine have been within 2-3 gallons with triple 250's, burning 170 gallons going offshore. I do not think it is hard to do.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My Contender 21 has Yamaha 250 with the fuel management/Command Link gauges. "Fuel used" by gauge is very close (with a gal or 2) to actual use. If you have the Command Link user manual, that will tell you how to calibrate the gauge to actual fuel used. I think you will have to make adjustments in percentages.
david Looks Fishy:eek2:

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
On my Grady with twin 200 Yama's - if the starboard engine is off- the fuel management does not work.Since we can troll on one engine-when only the port engine is running, there is no fuel used being recorded.

Not sure if you run both all the time or not.

·
Registered
370 Posts
mine were very accurate by the last couple of trips they seem to be losing their accuracy. I'll have to check this winter when Iuse the boat more.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Its been awhile since i've had a yamaha powered boat, but if memory serves there are a series o 6-7 "dip" switches on the back of the gauge....you can probably go online to pull the manual or if you have on the boat it will be very specific in telling you how to adjust. Once correct, they rival flow-scan in their acuracy.

best of luck!
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts