Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Deale about a week ago and someone told me that the Spring season will be shortened by a week by MDNR. Is this true? If it is, is this a compromise to justify the lifting of the quota. Thanks,

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have not heard a word and nothing on the DNR site. If it is on the tail end of the season, it won’t make much of a difference. The larger fish are usually scarce at the end of the season. If it is the beginning we are getting the shaft in my opinion.

FIN

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
i dont think any decisions will be made until the next asmfc meeting, which will be the end of january.

ele

·
Premium Member
26,250 Posts
Perhaps your friend was saying that if the season opens the 3rd Saturday in April (21st) we in effect start 6 days (one week) later then last year.Nothing is set yet from DNR -however I do know of some charters booking the 21st as "opening day".Maybe they know something ahead of the formal announcement. Skip

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Lost days

Perhaps your friend was saying that if the season opens the 3rd Saturday in April (21st) we in effect start 6 days (one week) later then last year.Nothing is set yet from DNR -however I do know of some charters booking the 21st as "opening day".Maybe they know something ahead of the formal announcement. Skip
--Years ago we asked for a date for opening day to be the SAME every year so it could be counted on --The 3rd Sat. was the date given --

--This year were paying as that Sat falls late , so the lost days --Should , hopefuly be presented in Jan. Presentation as a loss factor to Maryland's season--geo.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
I think it will have to be alot more drastic then having it shortened just one week. the Rockfish populations are so high, It will be hard to keep below the quota.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts