Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sometimes you just land on em. Left the dock at 3:15 started fishing around 3:45 hearing people say its slow I don't ex[pect much but i was wrong as soon as I drop in steady fish catching and after two drifts and one hour at 4:45 had my 5 fish limit between 19" and 23". Threw back 7 or so under size. All fish caught outside the group of boats fished in 32-36 ft water drifting almost north to south. Fish were so thick pulled in a nice fat 21" dropped the bait back down and wham must have hit em in the head rod bends over and up comes a 23" fatty. Tried two more drifts releasing more looking for paper bu tno luck Would have been back at the dock at 5:30pm to clean the fish and boat but got flagged down by a stranded boat and towed them into Bubba's still back in by 6:30 and repaid the good karma gods for the great trip.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
481 Posts
Flounder

Nice report, what was the water temp?

Bob

·
Registered
204 Posts
That boat you towed back did'nt happen to be two guys in an open bow 18' boat was it?
Just asking cause these 2 guys pull up next to us just as we were leaving asking if we had any bait because they had left theirs at the dock. Just as my buddy was releasing a dink flounder the dude was begging for the flounder for bait.
I said no because passing of fish from boat to boat is illegal and plus it was undersized.
Then I noticed the cover off his outboard as he went away looking for another boat.
Another 10kts of NW wind and those guys would have been screwed!
Truly a good dead on your part regardless.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was 3 guys in a small 18 ft boat said they were out all day and caught one fish. Definitely small boat for those three guys and cold water and wind.
Don't recall water temp but location was ocean side of the 8 mile marker in 34 ft water most of the time about a 1/4 mile off the bridge drifting almost from the north to the south maybe southwest a little with the end of the incoming tide chartruese rigs with Mylar silver and flounder belly.

·
Registered
610 Posts
thanks for teh great report and great to see others helping others

toby

ya! good karma as earl would say

1 - 8 of 8 Posts