Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First--we need an "International Fishing" forum on here.

Quick teaser--March fishing has heated up here in Kona. No, I don't miss the east coast, although I slightly miss catching sails off the kite. The mahi mahi fishing has been excellent--when you find them. There have been a few good days on some floaters--bailed 15 gaffers off a floater yesterday, after it had already been picked over. not bad. Biggest mahi this month (for us) has been 43 lbs. pix soon. the marlin bite sucked until this past few days. we were 1 for 2 on Friday (hung a 254 lbs-went to a friends party) and pulled off a 400 lb blue. Sat--1 for 2--tagged a 175 & lost a 600 lb blue 30-40 ft from the boat. Sun--1 for 2. tagged a 500, lost a 500. Mon--bailed mahi mahi. tue--1 bite--released a 300 lb blue--missed the tag shot b4 the fish threw the hook.
fishing tomorrow. The BIG GIRLS are in town. Very big blue lost after 4+ hour battle yesterday. 550+ blue caught yesterday. lots of big fish being seen.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Reel Fool wrote:
First--we need an "International Fishing" forum on here.

Don't worry about another forum, just keep rubbing it in our faces right here!:D Haven't been to Hawaii since our honeymoon...too many years ago. We fished one day out of Maui, and had a blue, about 300lb., jump us off. Hope to get back there one day. Keep sending us reports...WITH PICTURES...:bigfish:
Dave

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thanks for the report Jeff. Makes getting ready for the spring striped bass season here in Annapolis a little boring. Hope all is well and I hope to fish with you again one day.

Greg

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
found another floater today....but there were 20+ boats on it b4 we got there. it was a tought pick--managed to get 6 in the box. they were the smaller of the pick--8-12 lbs. We could see a large school of 25-40 lbs fish with 1 or 2 pushing the 50 lbs mark. they would swim up to our baits, but the little ones would do the eating. oh well, we got more than alot of the boats. less than a few--Kevin Nakamaru of Northern Lights put on a show--kept a nice school of fish behind the boat & hammered them for a while.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Jeff,

Glad to hear HI fishing fits your style. It sounds like a lot of fun. I guess you don't miss the hour+ ride to the fish?

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts