Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had been doing way too much trolling lately and while I love the big girls, I needed some pullage on the light stuff. Had a few hours this morning so got up at 6 and ran the boat out of the patapsco. Found some good marks off the Bodkin so started jigging a 6 inch pearl hard nose with a chartreuse tip (painted)...caught a few small ones up to about 17 inches and moved on. Continued to find good marks all within a mile of my spot but nothing of any size. Finally heard a nice sized sploosh and cast towards it, immediately hook up with a nice fish...fought it up to the boat only to have her look at me and spit my jig back at me, the jig promptly went into the back of my hand with the barb allt he way through..ended my fishing trip real quick, went home and cut the hook, poured some peroxide on it and went to Church...

pretty good morning all in all for an unplanned trip....

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
You got up at 6?!?! Thats pretty amazing! Happy to hear that youre feeling better buddy! Glad you got some pullage... and the hand thing... thats just a small sacrifice to the fish gods! :D:D:D

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Ouch. Well you got some pullage and didn't have to go to the hospital. I hope your hand heals quickly.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mark,
I was out Saturday and could only find fish in 50' or more, water was approx 41 degrees. How deep were the fish you caught? - not asking for your secret spot - just a general idea of the depth to look for fish in 40 degree water.

thanks, Shout(Dan)

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Mark,Been there,Done that in the Patapsco.'Cept I had a 31" Rock connected to my left Ring Finger by a Crippled Alewive! Cut the Hook,rinsed the Blood off in that nice clean water,Anti-Biotic cream,a bandaid and kept Fishin'.Put my Buddy on a 36" er not long after.That was about 5 yrs. ago.[Mike]

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Thanks for the report, Mark. My dad would've been glad to hear you went fishing then went to church. He was a preacher and used to go out in his suit sometimes on sunday morning before he took the pulpit. Hope your hand is okay.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tim, it is absolutely your fault...good looking holes in my hand too..

Shawn, figure gonna need God to help me catch fish as bad as my LTJ has been lately, funny you say that, I had my church clothes under my foul weather suit so I wouldnt get in trouble for being late..put the boat up and drove right there...

Mike, Youch!!!

Shout, the fish I found were in about 28 feet of water, nice little hole outside the bodkin surrounded by 12 feet of water, dinks all around with some nicer ones mixed in..

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Uh-huh... we'll see just how deeply seeded your sickness is the next time we are heading out at 3am!!! :D:D:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts