Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 hard fighting but undersized Pup, 1 medium sized spec (19-20''?) 1 striper (21''?)

All caught back in the back. Pup bit at the very last of the incoming tide, spec bit at slack tide, striper bit at the beginning of the outgoing. Chartreuse Gulps. Their stomachs were empty but for a few silversides.

No other bites, went home and went to work.

Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looking at the nightime temp forecasts it's logical to think the water back there is going to cool down in the next week.
We're driving down from PA tomorrow for a week and Lynnhaven is one of our targets if it's too rough in the bay, hopefully the pups will still be there!
Bill

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Topdog,

Lynnhaven can be a real puzzle. I've been fishing it on and off for years and sometimes I do well and sometimes I get the skunk. Turn on your Private Message option and I'll send you what recon I can. There are a couple of real Lynnhaven Masters on this board, hopefully they can send you some recon as well.

Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mike,
I "think" I have the msg thing fixed.....forums confuse me, bigtime!
GIve it a try.

I lived in VA Bch for a few years, only fished Lynnhaven maybe a doz. times (after being in TX, on the Gulf Coast for years), it was the closest thing I could find to what was then "home"....... I did have some great success back there, but, never this time of year. I've gone thru all my "stuff" and rigged myself up with what I know Pups like....... Have a Yak at my disposal (will be staying 1/4 mi. from Lesner).....

Talk to me man!
Bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Hey Bill - that's a very cool picture! The pups will be here... a lot of years we catch them into Dec. When the water temp falls, find a flat to fish on high water... they'll go there to warm up. When the time gets closer, keep in touch, I'll help if I can.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Pup fishing still excellent...tagged 62 a couple nights ago.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Texas picture

Hey Bill - that's a very cool picture! The pups will be here... a lot of years we catch them into Dec. When the water temp falls, find a flat to fish on high water... they'll go there to warm up. When the time gets closer, keep in touch, I'll help if I can.
Al,
As of the moment I type this, Bill's on the road headed to the annual meeting of the Sylvan Beach Fishing Club, sometimes referred to as "a friendly drinking club with a fishing problem". The pic he posted was taken in the Galveston, TX area, during his last wading trip down there. Given the wx forecast, it's looking like we won't be on the Bay chasing rockfish on light tackle much for the next few days, so it's up to me to put "Machine Gun Bill" onto fish inside Lynnhaven. Wish me luck. That old boy will flat wear a Captain out.

Foy
SBFC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts