Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being in Chicago for a few days, I NEEDED to get on the water for a bit... so I headed straight to the boat from the airport. Tom (East Beach B&T) loaned me a rod, saying it just wouldn't be right to go out and NOT fish. I fired her up and idled out to the jetties at Little Creek with ONE leadhead and ONE chartreusse grub. I casted for about an hour, landing 12 or 13 Specks... only one was big enough to keep... before a bluefish bit the tail off the grub.

I can't tell you how nice it was to look over to the marina as we were landing, pick up my bags and drive over there, then catch a few fish as a "welcome home" party. IMHO, the only thing Chicago has going for it is the blues joints. We hit Buddy Guy's Blues Legends on Wednesday night... FANTASTIC guitarist named Scott Holt... look him up if you're a blues fan, that guy can PLAY.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Can't ask for any better than that !
Dennis:))
OH Yes he can !! He got to see ME !!
We were drifters all day......lots of blues, seabass and toads.......9 flounder(tagged all but 1)......did get a fat 24 3/4ish just under paper tho.......GUESS where we was gomer.......pics reveal too much~

The LEE brothers (UgLEE & HomLEE) were at the 3rd and did well w/ topwater rockfish.....we caught ZERO !

stopped in the jetti on the way in and saw Al with his friend bail the shorty specks so we back in among them clock to the rocks ourselves and Andy tagged 3/4 of a dozen himself while I made fun of K~61 for going the ENTIRE day with/out landing a single fish

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
hey this is a wonderful place we live in bro. good on ya for getting that pullage you needed. thanks for the invite bro just to freaking much going on. hope ya kick @$$ in the tourney!

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
BILLY - if you wanna go ANYWHERE tomorro call me bro - I am FREE.......boat is already hooked up in the drive way .......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts