Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from Charlotte and I started pacing the floor... do I go...do I stay...do I go...HELL YEA IM GONE! Got a buddy of mine and his Dad wanted to go, neither had caught a fish bigger than a 8-10lb. catfish. I went to ole' faithful at the high rise, I was loosing faith as we got anchored up, something just wasnt right. We fished it top to bottom and no love for an hour and 15 minutes so we try plan B. Another group of pilings that has been good to me for the past couple trips. Got situated and within 5 minutes the bottom rod goes down, 27" in the box FINALLY! Trying to get the hook out and a bobber starts crying. 43" in da box, first striper and my buddies Dads biggest fish ever, gotta love that. We ended up keeping out 6 fish limit, 3 bigguns and 3 smaller fish, released quite a few more then decided we better go before it got to rough out there, it started to blow pretty good. Our smallest big fish was 41", I dont think we got any weight citations, but I know we have a cooler full! We were on the water for a total of 3.5 hours. Not too bad.

Incoming tide was rollin!

All fish on eels, from 5 cranks off the bottom to 40' from the surface. WATCH YOUR FISH FINDER!!

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Did somebody say CATFISH !!

FISHING IS A LOT LIKE DATING- SOME YOU KEEP AND SOME YOU THROW BACK- SOME YOU MOUNT AND SOME YOU EAT.

Nice job for a short trip kid ! ( I am twice your age ya know )

I got 3 CATFISH.....in 17 minutes.....beat that.....a 52 56 and a 54.....

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jamie, Not bad for an old man!;-)

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
If I had a daughter your age ~ You could marry her.......

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow talk about bringing one out of the Archives! I remember this trip though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts