Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For computer dummies like me . I have Windows 98 but I guess this will work with all systems .

This might save you time getting to your favorite board in one step with this new [confusing to me ] Format for TF.

Go to your favorite board the normal way

Right click and a drop down should appear .

Click CREATE SHORT CUT if it's on your type system

This will create a ICON on your Desktop that will take you directly to the Board you want and Bypass everything else.

You can go to other boards from there or create other ICONS , for specific boards you only want to see , on your Desk top screen .

Happy Easter
Tony

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have a ms word file I pasted my normal tf links into...saved it as html so it fires ie7 up. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the link to open in a new window or tab without right clicking first (wow I'm lazy!!). There's got to be a code to add so it automatically opens in a new window or tab.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
If you use firefox, right click on the tab bar at the top and create new folder. Name it whatever you like. Go to the web site/view you like and simply left drag the address icon into the folder. You can add as many as you like to the folder: fishing, weather, stocks, etc. Then click on the folder. If you want just one site, click on it to open in existing window or right click on it and open it in new tab or new window, your choice. If you want to open all the sites at once, just click on "Open in Tabs" at the bottom and all the sites will be opened automatically. Neat.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keeping my windows 98

I'm hearing that it's not so simple on XP ,widows took 2 clicks to get the icon on the desktop

I understand now that it takes about 7 on XP to do the same thing That's progress can't wait to get xp:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tony

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
FWIW, although MS sucks, the above instructions were for xp running Firefox. To put an icon on desktop for web link, simply drag icon from address bar to desktop. Also works in Explorer.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
New Window HTML

When using HTML to create links you can use the Target="new" tag to make the link open in a new window or in the case of FireFox a new tab. You would do it like this for the Cheapeake Angler forum {a href="http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/chesapeake-angler-original-board/" Target="new"}Chesapeake Angler{/a}

Replace the {'s and }'s with < and > to make it correct for HTML.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Thanks...I'll try that out in a short bit !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts