Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all talked about it over the years, " Support your local fly/fishing shop".
What happens when you do not, just what happened to Winchester Creek Outfitters in Grasonville, it goes out of business and we lose a local hang out and local source of fishing tackle and flies.

I was in the shop a few times just after Christmas during their clearance days getting some stuff I probably did not need, but looked good, and hanging out and talking to a bunch of familiar local anglers. It was a bitter sweet moment for me, it was sad because the shop was closing, but fun to see and hang out with everyone. It's sad we could not have all those people in there on the weekends hanging out.

I know I am an internet guy, but at the end of the day, nothing replaces a phone call or hanging out in person with like minded people. While it might be tempting to just order online and just price shop or go to the big box, if we do not support the little guys we will not have any local shops to hang out and talk fishing we will just have impersonal big boxes.

R.I.P. Winchester Creek Outfitters.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Brandon, it's a trend that has been happening at an alarming rate that unfortunately will only get worse in this economy. Very sad!

·
Registered
62 Posts
They are working on a new fly fishing movie "The River Why". Maybe it will be a hit and the good times will role again (at least enough for survival) for the stores that are left.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For those of us on the Shore, please don't forget Salisbury Fly Shop. And for those that may pass through for a days fishing, stop in and get the local info. Mason has an outstanding selection of flys and has the local knowledge to point you in the right direction for Eastern Shore fishing.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Does anyone know of a local fly shop around Southern Maryland/Annapolis area?

Joey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts