Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at radar units as I am not always smart enough to leave when I should if there are fish. I found what appears to be a great deal on a Lowrance 8200C with a LRA-5000 open aray. The cost is under $1500 and is new in the box. I know it is a big aray but it will fit on the cockpit roof. Anyone have any experience with this unit? The 9200C is about $500 more for a little larger screen. Never had radar and never had Lowrance equipment.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thats 1500 for the unit, gps antenna, AND open array antenna?? Sounds like a helluva deal to me!! im guessing that 9200 is 1" bigger in screen size, hardly seems worth 500bucks to me.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
These have been on special for the last month or so. The Lowrance open arrays are excellent units - the special is because they are coming out with HD units and want to clear these out first.

If you add the Lowrance Broadband Sounder (LBS-1) and a compatible transducer, then you will have complete sonar capability on that Globalmap unit.

Brian

·
Registered
196 Posts
Got it too. Spent the extra $500 for the larger 10" screen (I think the other is a 7") since I'm gonna get the sounder for it too. Great deal. Have a lowrance GPS/sounder on another boat and it has been great. Haven't installed the new unit yet but planning on getting the sounder. got it from BOE and no problems there. (boater's world has the same unit and the sounder on sale too so that's another option. Really can't beat the price.

·
Registered
68 Posts
radar screen shot

Here is a sample of the radar in action with split screen, set to a 6 mile range. This was
using the 10.4" 9200. Easy enough to install & use. Very colorfull,
unbelievable deal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts