Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love what RainX does on my vehicle(s) windshield but hat the wiper chatter. Who (if anybody) uses it on their boat windscreen? I have a boatload (pun intended) that I would like to suggest to my buddy kidrockfish use on his boat. After a few minutes on a bumpy day, the windscreen on his CC is pretty obliterated with water/salt spots. Hell I might try it on my old man eye eyeglasses. Does it beed/sheet/repel bay water or...?

Thanks for any/all responses.

Mark

P.S. I use plexus on my MC windscreen and it works good on fresh water rain?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use rain x on my grady white windshield. It is glass and it works well. Doesn't last long from salt spray but it is worth it. About 2 or 3 trips with heavy salt spray and you need to reapply. I keep it fresh and have very little need for the wipers. Tried it on my truck and didn't like it for reason you stated. Love it on the boat thou.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use it. Does what it is supposed to but as lodgecreekgrady says it doesn't last long. The corrosive properties of salt water puts a hurting on it. But if applied, it seems the salt residue washes off a lot easier at the end of the day with a garden hose and soft rag.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Been using Rain-X for years - truck and boat. I had the "wiper chatter" too when I first started using it - but have not had the problem in a long time. Application/Removal method seemed to be the key. Start with clean windshield. Apply Rain-x with a paper towel or other cloth - go over the whole windshield twice to make sure enough product is on the glass. Let it dry completely (I let it sit for 10-15 minutes). Spray a light mist of plain water over the entire windshield and wipe/buff/polish everything off with a clean microfiber cloth. (Don't use paper towels to remove it - it won't get it all- and that's what causes the chatter) No streaks - no wiper chatter.

Ralph M.
Wish-A-Fish Annapolis
SRRKC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts