Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rap relief

Needed to feel some pullage so I went to Hicks' Landing last night around 10pm. White perch and shad for bait. 2 fish caught by 2:30am. Both on perch heads and at 26lbs & 34lbs its not too bad for the effort. Had the river all to myself with the Herons, otters, *****, and owls. Just thought I'd let it be known that the trotliners have not gotten them all yet. I released both fish alive and well. What a relief to know someone can still get on some nice fish in the fished out Rap. Just my personal opinion. Heading to the James on Saturday with Majorcat to try and get on some giants. See you on the river---jonnycat

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Rap relief

Nice work Jonnycat. Glad you got some nice fish.

Coming down here Saturday? Did you get a new motor?

Hope to see some pics soon.

Dayton

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rap relief

Just bringing the 14ft Jon boat with a 10hp. Got about another month till the wife gives the OK for motor. I have a 70hp waiting for me to just take my boat to have it mounted. Plan to repair the 50hp and keep for a spare or perhaps sell. Told the wife just a few days ago that if I don't get back in order for fishing soon with the boat, I might become difficult to live with. She is leaning toward helping me ASAP. We are going to go light as possible and fish from DB or Osbourne. Probably will get some white perch up here so time is not wasted on getting bait. Hope to see you on the river---jonnycat

·
Registered
96 Posts
Rap relief

Good job on the rapp cats Johnnycat. They are still there just not easy to find. I will be out there Saturday and Sunday .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts