Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather man didnt miss today!

Fished from 0915-1030 with no luck, ended up calling it a day when the wind started blowing the tops off the waves.

2008 season was low on numbers for me compared to last year but I did end up with 5 fish over the slot from 34" to 39" all but one was on a Stretch.

Happy New Year to all, looking forward to the spring season.

John
Sea-Mark 21

The pic was taken before it started blowing proper.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
And that is exactly why we didn't try this morning. Glad you had a good season in terms of size. We tried the Rapp yesturday afternoon but we forgot our bottom machine and couldn't tell what we were going over. Can't wait for our next chance to try for the big girls in the spring.

--John

·
Registered
26 Posts
36 I was one of the fools that went yesterday and stayed until 11 or so and couldn't stand it no longer .On the way in seen sundancer and he broke his steering went and offered assistance but he already had Coast Guard on way probably couldn't helped noway he was in shallow water off Parrots island with the wave and wind action and having to trim my motor up so much I cprobably couldn't get enough bite to pull him :thumbup:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hope Sundancer made it in ok. That is a good looking boat. Wonder how long it took the 42 footer from Milford Haven to make it in those seas? We were in Newport News and the James looked like a mixing bowl.

·
Registered
670 Posts
We were out there too!

Think we were fishing next to 36deadrise in the morning... We were in the 24' seahunt CC. actualy that may be us in your picture.. We high tailed it a little late, took us a over an hour to get back to broad creek. surfing all the way... then we we turned side way into the creek we got hammered from the side. even had a hard time in the marina with a strong cross wind.. 6 to 8 foot waves in the river...wow!!! Boats are on their trailers and ready for the VA beach run.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey capt Neil - that was crazy! Conner is still talking about the swells behind the boat - "hey Dad..."

Got the boat cleaned up and I'm ready for ocean rock or tuna if we can get a break in the weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts