Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bottom fished the Lower rapp from Norris Br. to Butlers' Hole on Sat. with a few fish to show for our effort. We did have a flurry of activity in the afternoon near Mosquito Is., bailing medium sized croakers and 11-12" trout for about 45 minutes in 35-40 ft. of water. Went across the bay Sun. to find a decent drift however flattie none; but a HUGE croaker bite - all you wanted, and good size - on the squid strips/flicker hook combo. My son waxed us!! Fun, but a long ride for just croaker. Water temp was 61 deg at b42/cell area. A few weeks yet, as it would seem.......aye...aye.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Warren great to hear you all did well. My first flounder trip is not until June 25 but it would be good to hear of some catches. Trips Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun all produced 150 to 200 nice fish. Were seeing 10 to 20 spot a trip with most being small throw backs but some nice 1/2 to 3/4 pounders mixed in(Pics on my site for those that might not believe me). Lot of nice croakers with a few white perch and 3-4 pound cats thrown in. Only two trout this week but one was a keeper and 4 to 5 release rocks per trip. Flicker hooks are working for me too with gold and yellow working the best for us. Have yet to have to go outside of the 5 miles between 10 and Lagarnge creek to find good numbers of fish. Good crab run with some peelers this week too. Picked 2 pounds of crab meat this week between charters and have 3 dozen crabs to finish picking right now. Heard some blow(sugar) toads are being caught in nets below the bridge have you heard anything about that?

Have a good one
www.misterjspleasure.com
Bobby

·
Registered
170 Posts
Warren,
We tried the same thing sunday. Lots of nice croaker and 2 throw back flounder. Tried the trout jigging thing and didn't catch any but did see a friend of mine catch a nice one on peeler crab.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info Warren. I will be waiting a few weeks myself before heading to 42. Got burned last year in May.

Allen
Guitar Picker
2101 Striper, 200 Evinrude

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like Saturday was good down river from where we fished. I've never been down below the Water View/Parrot's Creek? launch. I would like to know where to get a good map of the lower part of the river. I've been catching croaker for several years and still love it, but am ready to expand my reach. Looking for tips on how and where to catch flounder and trout. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts