Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was cool but croaker fishing was hot. Caught 35 fish in 2 1/2 hrs this afternoon. Most were 15-17 inches and were caught in 8-10 feet. Bloodworms worked best although a couple took squid. Fished from Garretts to McCanns bay.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fished off our pier in Locklies Creek and caught about 20 with my 2 daughters. Caught all on shrimp (or skrimps). Had a ball until a net boat (2 guys in a Carolina Skiff) kept dropping their 300' net all through the creek and making "fish drives" to the nets by zig-zagging around and slapping the water with a big plastic ice shovel. They did this right in front of our pier and had the nerve to wave to us as they were making all this ruckus. I watched them take out at least 25 croakers and what looked like about 3 or 4 specks out of the net right in front of us. If they only got about 20 feet closer, I would have been able to hit him accidently in the face with a 2 oz lead....We didn't get a bite when they were there, or after they left.....:nono:
At least my 5 and 9 year-old daughters had fun helping me catch dinner for the family and in-laws.
T

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dennis,
Stop by sometime if you see me out there. -Can't miss us - 28' Grady in the boathouse in front of a yellow Cape Cod..I'll be the big guy on the dock checking minnow traps, fishing, drinking a cold one...
T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got off the river and the Croaker action is great. 32 fish in 1 1/2 hours. Had to come in because I ran out of bloodworms/fishbites. Action best in shallow water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts