Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to come down to the Urbanna area Saturday for a quick fishing trip. Any help or suggestions on where to go to quickly get in to fish would be appreciated. Not picky on species just want to catch some fish. This is my first trip of the year.
Kingfish4

·
Registered
512 Posts
Oyster reef outside of Redbarns(just upriver from lagrange creek) and 3 miles futher upriver Waterview side. Old buoy 9 area and upriver side of bouy10.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was sort of hoping you would reply. I read your post all the time and you always seem to know where the fish are. What about water depths?
Thanks in advance.
Kingfish4

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
240 Posts
Looks like Bobby is busy, but I think he'd say to start at 8-15 feet and move deeper if you don't find them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i was at the red barns last sat. in 15 to 18 ft..the croakers were hitting as soon as the hooks hit the water on squid and bloodworms .........goodluck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. I will let you all know how I do. I dont have a radio on the boat but you can call my cell if any of you are out. 804 402-3750. I intend on hitting the red barns first and then the waterview area in the afternoon.
Kingfish4(Jamie)

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have not fished that section of the river, so I'll tag on a question, too.

Is there a ramp at Waterview? If yes, public or private, and how does one grt there from Rt 17?

·
Registered
29 Posts
yes there is a boatramp there and it is a public ramp from tapp. taks rt17 down pass VA. Motor Speedway turn left on rt.640 you will see tha public boatramp sign and just fellow the little brown boatramp signs there. there is also alittle fishing pier there go out of the creek and turn right to get to the red barns they will be on your rightside...........goodluck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts