Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What started out as a maybe don't leave the dock because of fog turned out OK. Landed a 26" incher right at Buoy 8 on a Daisy Chain. The fish was fat and clean. There was alot of bait and fish being marked but could not buy another knock down on a Stretch 25 or an Umbrella. No birds working...fog got thick after lunch so we went to the dock. Good luck this weekend have to work on duck blinds, hopefully be out next weekend.

Will post pictures on Monday...cord to the digital camera is in Richmond.

Brian

·
Registered
104 Posts
thanks for the info Brian, not sure about the working on the duck blind thing, hopefully you'll be shooting out of them!:clap:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice fish Brian .My son and I went out at 3:30 We caught 14 fish any where from 19'' to 38 '' Pictures will be at bestmarinellc.com in the photo file if you would like to see them later.We have been

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
At least you got the skunk off today Brian. I think my dad and I are going to brave the winds and head up in the Rapp tomorrow and Sunday looking for some fich, what color did the one fish hit on today?

--John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great job we were also out just above 8 about 330 fished for 2 hours caught a 36 35 28 26 all on umbrellas and tandem 12/8 rigs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Must have missed the action

I was between 8 and 10 around 8am to 10am marking lots of bait but no fish in the boat. Everyone else seemed to be experiencing the same thing. Headed towards the Norris Bridge and picked up a 24 incher off Towles in 34' at the drop on a tandem. One more knock down and that was it. What time did you catch those larger 30+" fish?

The fog and calm water were pretty cool. See pics. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Daisy chains

Forgive my ignorance, but I have used squid and ballyhoo daisy chains offshore for Tuna, ect...., but what kind of daisy chains are you guys using for rockfish? A brand reference is fine and I will look it up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Couldnt tell you the brand but i can tell you about the construction of it. Swivel at the top with leaders attached every foot or so that go about 6 inches to a bucktail with a shad body on it. On the other end is a snap that you can attach a mojo or lighter parachute to depending on how deep the fish are. I think the one we run is a total length around ten feet. When you run it with a mojo it makes it so you can cover near ten feet of the water column.

--John

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ketner They are just a series of 5 or 6 loops to attach your baits with a snap swivel on each end, Very easy to tie-up
one yourself. They tangle less you use heavy line(100#).

Tom

·
Registered
152 Posts
OK--same as what I use but with bucktails. I am having a hard time imagining how the bucktails run true though, instead of spinning around the middle and twisting the rig to hell. Do they "float up" like a trailing storm shad would above the mojo? I guess that would keep them from tangling. Thanks for the responses.

Edit: nevermind. I see you would troll the mojo as the "anchor" and the daisy chain in between that and your rod, so the bucktails on the daisy chain would essentially be out horizontal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts