Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWMBO and I managed to make it out in spite of the wind and rain. Went off Lagrange creek just at dusk. No sooner that we put the anchor over and got a line in and we were off and running. It took me about 45 min to get my second line out between pulling and re-baiting my first line. We stayed 'till about 10:30 PM and got a cooler full of croker. Since I don't have a good scale on board I can't say how much they weighed but we had quite a few that were 17 inches and two that were 18 and 18.5 inches. Both the big ones were caught as double headers.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention that they were partial to walmart shrimp. (Get the cheap ones.) The would bite on bloodworms, but we got more on shrimp. ($7.41 for a dozen bloodworms, $5.35 lb of med shrimp, you decide.[grin])

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thanks for the headsup on shrimp. I am going to try Fishbites bloodworms if I can ever get out.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Great catch, congradulations. Im docked right now in Lagrange creek. Jr fished off the front of the boat catching fast as he could reel. Never left the slip Friday or Sat (Great fishing and didn't burn any of that $2.50 per gallon gas). Nice fish not 18 ichers many doubles and couple of C&R Rocks. 10 Crabs in pots to boot Sat. Fresh croaker and Crab Cakes tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts