Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the CCA seminar Saturday and had a great time. Hello again to everyone off the board that attended. I moved the boat up to Remlik Sunday and met Dad and my son Josh at the dock around noon. Knew we would catch some croakers but was not expecting to burn them up so had 8 bloodworms a lb of squid and grabed those bloodworm fishbites out of the console just in case. Pulled out and fish just outside the creek in 10 ft of water on great marks. Almost passed the spot up figuring it was herring and shad makeing their way up river. Dropped anchor and before I could get the third rod out the other two where doubled up. For the next hour and half I casted rods for Josh and took off fish for him and dad. No doubles but fast action. Bloodworms out caught everything 10 to 1 and we were weaning them. Squid caught but slowly and the bloodworm fish bites did OK but are not bloodworms by any strech. They seem to be great catfish bait as we only caught 3 cats and all three were on the fish bites. I guess Im hard on the fish bites but I'll keep trying them as they said best used in 65deg water and water temp is below that Im sure. I need to givem a fair shake but at $8 a bag (6strips) Im sure they will remain backup to the real deal unless they show me much more. Dad and Josh filled up the cooler in about 1. 5 hours and we head in. Ive got a pic and will post on my site later.

Futher upriver Mike Medley a customer and friend of mine fished an oyster bed about 100 yards upriver from where I caught fish last Wed. I had talked to him last week and told him about my success. Going on what I had told him he fish there Sunday thinking like me he might pick up enough croakers for a meal. they fished mid day like me and caught 84 fish in 2 hours with the biggest going 2lbs 6 oz. They had multiple doubles and aslo caught some cats. 5-6 foot of water produced his fish. So I can tell you the fish are in and biting from at least Urbanna to Garretts marina. Saw fisherman at 6 as I came up river but other than that saw no one else fishing. My first charter was going to be the 21 but anyone wanting to fish could talk me into going this Saturday and Sunday. The fish are in and in good numbers.

Have a good one

Bobby Jenkins

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
243 Posts
Great Bobby.
I still couldn't find any Bloods, so we just set the boat up with license, put the rods aboard, took all the heavy trolling stuff off, etc.

Should have gone.....

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12-15# test gold hooks 2/0 long shank Eagle claw snelled and casting as far as posible from boat. Medly was fishing same way. I tie my hooks directly to main like instead of using wire rigs but I think wire rigs will work almost as well and at times works better. I set out 5 or 6 lines fanned out in all directions as far from the boat as I can cast and put the rod in rod holder when it bends pick it up. Rod holders most of the time catch more than the people who hold the rod. System works for me so I keep doing it the same way.

Aslo I know some of you are having a hard time finding bloodworms. Greentop has them and has had them for weeks now. Unless I just cant get to Glen Allen before my next trip all my bait comes from them. Got a Flat on order for this weekend. I'd ask you guys to make an effort to buy from them at least early season to make sure we can get worms early season next year. Buying bloodworms this time of year is a gamble and becuase of that many places play it safe and won't buy early. Support businesses that support you and our fishing community.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.