Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wind finally cooperated, so jumped at the chance to go fishing friday. Solo trip - fishing buddy couldn't get off. Launched the boat at 8:00am, and headed upriver. Put out the full spread - after 4 trips of barely managing 2 fish, I was determine to catch my limit. Water was a chilly 39 degrees. Saw a few birds out past bouy #8 - so headed that way. About 10:00, I was about a mile upriver of bouy #8 when the excitement began. Two rods and the dummy line get hit simultaneously. Double on the dummy line, (25" and 21") and one 22" fish on each of the other rods - maybe, just maybe it's gonna be a good day. Dummy line had a large umbrella with 7" black back tsunamis. Both boat rods had white bucktails with white shad. This was my first ever double while trolling for striper.dancedance Decided I better not temp fate, and reduced the spread from 7 rods and the dummy to 4 rods and the dummy. 10 minutes later, and I'm reeling in another fish - 22" fish on a deep stormbrella. Another 10 minutes, and another fish - this one a 23" fish - same stormbrella. I'm barely past bouy #8 with about 12 boats around me - so I head further upriver. Not much happening. It's now about 11:45, and I'm close to #10 - fishon! Another 23" fish on the stormbrella. I keep putting the fish back - hoping for an over the slot fish. Heard someone catch a 42" fish - but not for me. 11:50, and another fish on the dummy line, and a single on the stormbrella. Lines back in, and 10 minutes later another double - this time on a deep umbrella boat rod (26" put in the box) - and the stormbrella goes down again. It's noon, and I'm wishing I had someone aboard just to witness all the catching. I'm headed back downriver by now, and pick up one more 24" fish. An unbelievable day for me - After all the trips in the river, with two or three fish for a full day trolling, it felt great to finally get into the fish. Great day on the rapp!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts